IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
I need some help! I have 2 quad legged, free standing seats in my boat. They are great for when at anchor or drifting on the ocean but they are unstable when running in rough water. Is anyone aware of a product that is designed to lock these seats to the floors? Preferable a system that can be installed flush with the deck.
Has anyone built their own system? How does it work and would you share the details?
I know this is a have cake, eat it too kind of thing but it seems that it should be do able!

Thanks, WP :whazzup:

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
I am having the same problem. I may go to a seat box for the trolling motor. But if I go that route, I will have to stane to run the big motor.

If you know where you want the chair, and you don't need to move it again, screw it to the floorboards. If not a metal shop should be able to fab some brackets that you can slide the feet into.

Post when you have tested your results.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I have a diamond plate aluminum floor, I drilled a hole and taped it drilled a hole in the tray under the 4 legged chair and ran a long bolt through the chair it the threaded hole. weld a t-handel on the bolt to help turn it.

With a wood floor you could fasten a 1/4" 0r 3/8" metal plate to the floor and tap it. don't use too thick of materal could be a tripping hazard.

Tight lines to all HOGGEM'IN

[ 06-06-2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: HOGGEMIN ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
WP,

A lot of the "box seats" are moveable, there's a bracket on the gunwhale with a thumbscrew so you can slide the entire seat/box forward or backward.

You might be able to have a small shop fab up something similar for the four legged seats.

Or you could put some small indents into the floor matching the feet of the chairs. It wouldn't lock them down but, unless you are hitting so hard the seat and the person are airborne, it should keep it from sliding on the deck.

Brion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts