IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got home from digging clams with the wife. we dug our limits in about an hour, some really big ones and a couple smaller ones. weather was beautiful. got limits last night too. we are going sturgeon fishing tommorow. kb

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I went down with my wife and youngest son. We got there a little early, about 4pm. Low was supposed to be around 7:30. So we ended up just hanging out waiting for for the tide to go out. We got a few here and there from 5-6. But from then on, till 7:30 or so, we hardly even had to move from one spot. We had two shovels and one gun. We all decided we liked the gun better, so it took us a while to get our limit with the three of us using one gun. We got a few small ones, but most were pretty big, with a few huge ones. They were necking all around us, pretty cool. We could hardly dig them fast enough. I couldn't believe how many people there were down there!!!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
my wife wants to go out and dig some clams and there is a realy nice early tide on Monday I have heard that you have to wait unitl sun rise is this right? can anyone recomend a good spot to start? :grin: :bowdown:

thanks
salmonberry Jeff

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we plan to go to the beach this afternoon with the dogs and dig some tonite. there is plenty of them i really dont think you have to dig them at the lowest tide. just look for the necks and the squirts, like woody said you can stand in one spot and get a limit. i am going to take the lantern just in case it gets dark on us. i never knew so many people liked razor clams, it was people and cars as far as you could see north and south. :shocked: . kb

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
This obviously isn't a secret spot, judging by the thousands of people there yesterday. From Seaside, go North on 101 to Gearhart, turn left at the Dairy Queen and just follow the beach access signs.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I really apreciate the information. Ifishers are great peolpe and this shows one more time that good people still do get out. thanks again I will try that spot and a guy told me to try over on 12th street he said that there will be people crabbing on the bridge and go down and just look for them sticking out so I geuss I will notice what you are talking about. the low I think is around 6 do you think say 7 or 8 would be ok? I live in hillsboro and would love the sleep!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Get there as early as humanly possible. You really want to follow the tide out as opposed to getting there at the slack.

·
Registered
571 Posts
We went down there Friday evening got there about 6pm and meet the thousands of people already there.So found a little gap in the crowd and went to it we had our 3 limits in 30 min. :dance:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
You might want to check your tide charts again Jeff. All of the good minus tides are in the PM this weekend and into next week. My chart shows a plus 1.7 at 7AM and a minus 1.7 at 7:52PM. If you get there by 5PM or so and follow the tide down you should be good to go. Don't forget to bring a lantern and some flashlights.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,264 Posts
Although we have done very well after everybody else left at low slack and then they started showing all over the place and it was easy limits. :shrug: It is better to follow the tide out but not mandatory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts