IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I take extra time to look at k-fish when purchasing them to make sure screws are in line and looking good like I have seen in past posts but bought a cool looking double trouble 14, stick it in the water stock to see how it runs and the silly thing looks like a wind mill spinning around in the water. Tried messing with screws still the same I have had this problem before and just put the K-fish in the box for another day but double trouble looks to cool to sit there. Anyone know what store policy is on a dead K-fish for returns?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tighten the screw. Sometimes you can salvage them if it's just a really loose screw. Some you you can never tune properly. I'd bet the bigger sporting goods stores would swap you for a new one if it is bad.

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
"everything's negotiable and it's free to ask"
the only good advice i ever got from a salesman.

is the bill offset? is there a twist or bend somewhere in the lure? anything you can show the folks at the store will help you make your case.

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
If you are in pretty fast water, they will roll at some point no matter what.

With that said, in my experience, about 1 in 8 are losers. Maybe 1 in 10. These plugs will never swim no matter what you do with hooks, split rings, and screw eyes. Must be something with the plug itself.

Take it back, they might return it. can't hurt to try.

Mark and the K-18354 dog.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
You might also try removing all the hooks and shaking the plug to see if you can hear water inside. I had an old trusty K-12 spring a leak on me this year and it did the same thing - ran in cartwheels. Once they leak there's nothing you can do to get them to run straight again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts