IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey- has there been any good movement in the wilson/trask lately? Only a couple weeks left. Specifically, around the Jones Creek area or the Prison Camp on Highway 6?? Do tell. I haven't been able to scout; don't usually. It's all in the luck of the "draw" of the bow. Thanks people.. Keep the comments coming.. Keep the deer "brawling". :pray: Just want to know what the deer/elk travelling is like in that area. I'm sure you won't give any grid coordinates. LOL But would like to know if there is anything running around.

Jeff

· Registered
2,603 Posts
Hey- has there been any good movement in the wilson/trask lately? Only a couple weeks left. Specifically, around the Jones Creek area or the Prison Camp on Highway 6?? Do tell. I haven't been able to scout; don't usually. It's all in the luck of the "draw" of the bow. Thanks people.. Keep the comments coming.. Keep the deer "brawling". :pray: Just want to know what the deer/elk travelling is like in that area. I'm sure you won't give any grid coordinates. LOL But would like to know if there is anything running around.

Jeff
I have been scouting in that area and the elk are thick. I won't say where though.

· Registered
3,403 Posts
All this talk of elk, and you guys might convince me to archery hunt close to PDX.
Instead of the six hour journey I make to Eastern Oregon every year.
Especially with these high gas prices.

· Registered
8,638 Posts
Lor every one should go East there are no elk over here and I am sticking to my story...:D

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was on my way to do some fishing on the Wilson the other day, and right after you pass that Banks Thriftway, on the right there is a small field. Right on the tree line, feeding off grass, was a very nice Bull. Didn't get a count on his rack, but he was a nice one. There was nothing around him; that I could see anyway. I'm sure there were more hiding in the trees behind him. Thanks for all of the input and comments. Keep it up.

· Registered
812 Posts
I used to love hunting the Story Burn road area. They have thinned the whole area over the last few years and it seems to me the deer and elk have moved on out. Maybe I am wrong but it sure seems like slim pickings.

Does any one know what happens to the wildlife in an area that has been thinned for miles and miles?

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.