IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a few days seeing Scott Amerman work his magic and he is simply impressive. Been down fishing the coast for nooks, most guys fishing bobber and egg combo's. Basically fish the same water Scott is and he is out fishing anyone one 20 to 1. It borders on insanity. But he is so nice about it. Does his thing, takes care of his clients, limited out by 10:30, home watching TV by noon. I am freezing my butt off, wishing for his cure wisdom and staring in disbelieve. Doesn't matter what water he fishes, dosen't matter where he cast, fish on. I just wonder how he doesn't catch one on every cast. The rest of us aren't chumps, he is just in a league of his own. Hats off to a guy who works hard at his profession and is incredibly successful. I have heard and read about he and his dad, not one bad thing, just amazement and respect. Seen it first hand and I am calling him for trip. I will hunt him down like a dog until I can fit into his schedule. To be a fly on the wall in the curing shop, oh how I wish I could be there.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Originally posted by rookie:
To be a fly on the wall in the curing shop, oh how I wish I could be there.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I've been in the curing shop several times, and unless you know the amerman code you'll only know as much as me: the stuff is pink and catches fishies

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Scott, Don't you think you get enough publicity here on ifish without having your brother log on and call you a god? :grin: :grin: :grin: Just kidding.

I'm gonna go undercover though and try to dig up some dirt on the Amermans and that Grant Scheele fella. Far too much good publicity for it to all be true. I'm gonna look up old teachers, girlfriends, the local police departments where they grew up, the FBI, Homeland security....I'm gonna find some trash. :wink:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
That thing about Scott at the school yard last year got blown way out of proportion. He would never do those things..... :laugh: :laugh:

Actually he is is a very knowledgable skilled and hard working second generation fisherman. If only he wasnt so nice and courtesus it might be easier to not like him so much. I solve this problem by fishing other rivers than him, otherwise he makes me too humble and messes with my mojo. Man if I had his skills and knowledge combined with my good looks, studly physice and charming personality I could be dangerous... :grin: :hoboy: Who knows I might even catch as many fish as GunRodBow or be able to spell...
.................... :dance:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Ya but Steve, you have a nice grey beard and mustache to hide the imperfections. Ammerman just lets it all show. :wink: :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
If you are looking for some dirt on Grant, here's some.

I hear from "reliable sources" that he used to work for US Bank and even sold Real Estate :hoboy:

Man I wouldn't hang out with a guy like that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Amerman eggs are the BEST!!!!!! Went out and got 3 nooks yesterday aswell as a jack. I don't use anything but :bowdown: amerman eggs. :dance:

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
I'll be fishing with a struggling young guide who I thought needed some support. Every time I stop by his his house, his wife and kids begg me to book a trip.

Man, I even had to cook him breakfast and bring it to his boat in Hammond.

I guess I'll just have to support him until he achieves "God-Like" status like Scott.

It's not easy being a Philanthropist. Jeeze.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Notice Grant's post at 10:26 AM? Must have really put on a show today, to be back at the computer so soon.

I've got some raw frozen silver eggs in Amerman cure right now. Add a little mixture of Marie's scents, and you have AmerMarie's.. :grin: :grin: :grin: Good stuff! This is a winning combination. Fishies think so too. :wink:

SKP

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Scott had a Below average week but had an above average client in his boat on Tuesday... :dance:

Ohh on a Side note I was home bye 1100am on Tues. I was very dissapointed I thought we would be off the water bye 900am I missed The Price is right. :grin:

Now on a serious note If you want to learn some new stealhead techniques or get into some great spring fishing or just looking for a great trip on the river call them early or you will not get a spot.... I'am booked till Dec 2039 for every fall spring and winter... :smile:

Good Luck on the River

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Scott, I give you props too. Nice work out there....
I am thinking of going steelheading with you this winter....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just to put my nickels worth in about Grant. Went out with him on Sunday. Another guy and myself caught 4 fish all over 30lbs, and was all done by noon. Grant's a great teacher of helping you learn how to fish, plus being a great guide to where the fish are. I was able for the first time since I've lived in th NW to mark my card and take fish home. I plan on booking a steelhead trip with Grant or Team Amerman this season.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Don't give Scott too much praise... He's liable to bump he rates again....

ps. that's not a middle finger!

[ 11-06-2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Fish mojo ]

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Rookie

Thanks!! :blush: :blush: And thanks to everyone else. So which boat were you in. Sorry to all the people that have tried to get in with me, dad and Grant this fall but we have been full. We should have some openings for steelhead this winter. Or we can try for the spring or next fall. When I got home today my email was full from people saying stuff like did you see Ifish or how will your wife live with you now. Today I barely made it home in time to post this by noon but that is what I like about waiting to start until 8 AM. :wink:

Fishbait your dangerous enough with out all those things you listed.

Thanks again everyone.

Scott

[ 11-06-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Amerman ]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts