IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you use scent with spinners, where do you put the scent? On the blade? On the body? On the whole thing? On Yarn?
How often do you refresh the scent when you're trolling?

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
I use the Sticky GELS or thick bait butters on the body and or blade. Every half hr seems to work pretty good. usually still has visual of scent on it.

Maybe others will have more imput. :cheers:

[ 10-04-2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
the homemade spinners i use have tubing on the hook. if u use a scent like smelly jelly or bait butter, get it in the tubing and load it up. it will stay in there for months!!!!!! no joke! i have one from winter steelhead season that still has shrimp jelly in the tubing, and it was used all summer long for steelies!!!!

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
All I do is dip the hooks in smelly jelly paste and it stays on for quite a while,plus it's easy to clean off when finished with a days fishing.I know some people who tie yarn on the hook and soak it in pure Anise. Goodluck. :dance:

R.R.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I do scent my spinners, I use smelly jelly and rescent every 1/2 hr and wash it with lemon Joy (what else) if I decide to switch scents.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
We usually put scent on the hooks and the rubber tube.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
hooks or tubing - just dip into smelly jelly.... i'd avoid putting it on the blade though - especially if your using blades for reflective purposes (i.e. non painted blades)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips. I've been putting scent on the body and blades, but noticed the blades get dull pretty quickly and are hard to shine. I use store-bought spinners, but could add the tubing to the hooks pretty easy. I think I'll try that.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Do you guys think the scent makes that big of a difference? I make my own for salmon fishing. A buddy of mine who showed me has used them on alvins but never on blades. I figured speed is more of a factor than scent. What so you guys think?

Later Geoff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts