IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I went there today mainly after LM but couldn't even get a bite.:shrug:. I know the tide is a huge factor but it just seems that the whole bay is a big mud hole. I have heard of some tournaments going on there and thats what got me interested. We also went for SM and did ok... so I was thinking that the tournaments were held there for SM. Any LM reports would be great.

·
Registered
557 Posts
the bay is for SM not LM...if your looking for LM fish the rock wall on the right side of the channel and all the wood and the sloughs that go up off the channel on the left and there should be some LM...i have caught them before in there and a lot...

pitch

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Ok, I went there today mainly after LM but couldn't even get a bite.:shrug:. I know the tide is a huge factor but it just seems that the whole bay is a big mud hole. I have heard of some tournaments going on there and thats what got me interested. We also went for SM and did ok... so I was thinking that the tournaments were held there for SM. Any LM reports would be great.
First off, the tournaments use the bay for their "blastoff". Not too many tournament fisherman stay in the bay to fish. There are LM there but mostly ,for us, that's in the spring. Like you stated it's a big mud hole this time of year. It is good for catfish, carp and small bluegill though.
PB is right, go out in the Multnomah channel and fish all the rock piles and in the deep water directly in front of the piles.
When they have big, sponsored tournaments, there are sometimes LM plants prior to the tournament. The fish seem to be displaced by the SM fairly quickly though. Basically you're better off out in ,or near, the river if you're looking for LM.:twocents:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I fished the rock piles for smallmouth and did fairly well. Well thanks for that.... haha

·
Registered
318 Posts
there is a creek that goes into sturgin (sp) lake i would have to look at a map to tell ya the name ,,, but ive been lucky to get some nice LM out of there ..for whatev its worth
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts