IFish Fishing Forum banner

Scappoose Bay parking tickets/report

771 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BigFish 
#1 ·
Met my fishing partner and his boat at 4:45 Sunday a.m. Headed out to the CR and anchored up. Fished wobblers and flatfish with no action. Saw 2 caught, 1 on each side of us, but that was it. At 9:30 we decided to pull anchor and try for sturgeon.(As we were pulling anchor I noticed Ifish stickers on the boat next to us, but didn't say anything. Figured it was too late. If I remember right, it was a red North River. 3 guys and a gal.) Anyway, went down river and caught 1 shaker. Went up river and got a keeper and a handful more shakers. All on smelt.

When we got back to the launch I had an ticket on my window for not having a parking pass. It seemed like at least half of the cars had one.

Is this something new? I don't recall ever having to pay to park there and have never gotten a ticket. I haven't been there since early spring. I know you have to pay to launch, but had no idea about just parking your truck/car. Nobody I have talked remembered having to pay either. I went back there on my way home today and did see a small sign, but I sure didn't see it Sunday in the near dark.

Just wondering????

#3 ·
I know last winter when we first started using that launch there was a fee for parking. Silly me read the sign wrong in the dim early morning light and thought I had to pay for launching and parking!! :blush: So yes, it has been required for a while.

Dipnet :grin:

#5 ·
Hello Wak:

That was us in the Red North River. Glad to hear that you caught a Sturgeon. :cheers: We did not see too many fish caught, but the boat to the outside of you did end up with 2 clipped nooks and released one unclipped. The Gal in our boat showed us how to hook, land and release a 25 pound nook after you left. Her comment was pretty close to "Darn Fins" 2-2 on fins for us! :shrug:

Say hello when you see us again and good luck out there.

Z's-

#6 ·
Hi Wak. I had a buddy down springer fishing earlier this year who noticed the sign and paid - there were lots of tickets that day also. When I paid for my yearly launch pass I asked them about it and they said it was a new requirement for this year. You just put a $1 in the same machine that spits out launch tickets.

#7 ·
Hello Wak,
I was with ZZZZzzzz, 2 of us in the boat got parking tickets, I didn't know you needed a pass just to park and not launch. The least they could do is give a warning the first time. My wife is still hot about her fish with a fin. In the last 2 years she has hooked 8 salmon, all 8 have had fins. :shrug: Good job on the sturgeon

#8 ·
Yep, a warning would have been nice. Oh well. Maybe this post will keep someone else from getting a ticket.

I don't have a my own boat, but like Fish_On, I knew about the launch fee and nothing about parking.

That was my first trip for summer chinook. Wasn't real sure on anything we were trying. As far a sturgeon, I was pretty surprised to find a keeper. It was only 43" but I was still surprised.

#9 ·
There is a sign stating the rules when you pull in from the south entrance. I have never looked at till a few weeks ago because I'am always launching and have an annual pass anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.