IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another wonderful day of fishing down here on the South Coast!

We didn't have to put in as early due to the opening weekend of deer season.. that was nice.. but we were still there shortly at 6am
John started us off on our fisrt pass with this dandy!

Mike was up on pass two...

then we hit a dry spill.. we actually hooked two other fish, but could not get either one of them in the net!

But grandpa comes through shortly after and is able to get this pig to the boat!

THEN it happened... the monster take down.. 10 minute battle and....... around the only piling in sight goes a 35#+ monster (at least for the Coos river)... poor grandpa! :smile:

I was up on the next pass and was able to tease this nice chromer in to the boat.. what a battle... :smile:

Overall a very nice day.... ended up hooking 8 landed 4 ...

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go TH, you know that new boat is going to have some mighty big shoes to fill :cheers:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Gosh, now you're fishing with Franzen??? I can't believe I haven't met you yet? He's a family friend and my wifes old boss at the Junior High. Anyhow, we were out there on saturday also. Hooked 4 and landed two. The wife got a nice 20 lb buck out of the mix. The bite was definitely early though. Our last takedown was around 10 am. My buddy has been killing the fish up higher in the system simply trolling spinners. They're averaging 6 fish a trip right now. This work thing is getting in the way.

I can't wait until next month when the elk is going to get started. Do you fish down there much?? I'm assuming you do. It's just a wild time down there.

tc

[ 10-06-2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: tailchaser ]

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim I think I met you at the Salmon seminar at England Marine last spring...
I spoke to Cliff today he wanted me to ask you about "Love Potion #1" :grin:

Anyway, Franzen will be fishing out of a new boat come Friday morning... :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
He bought my Willie.....

3,877 Posts
Nice haul guys :cheers:

One of these days I am going to have to take a trip down there.

So many places to fish and not enough time.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Everyone's a comedian these days...... :grin: I remember meeting you now at Englunds. My bad. Interesting way of getting someone to buy your boat though. Suckering them into a fishing trip.
Good tactic, especially for John. I'll have to hit him up for a ride come springer season. When is your new one arriving??? This rain should push most of the 'nooks upriver but should bring in the silvers in good numbers. What's the deal with the coquille this year???? :shrug:

tc

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nice fish, TH.

Hey, is my email getting to you? Your probably busy and I haven't seen a response from you, but just wanted to make sure that my spam filters are not eating your emails.

Parker

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parker, just found it, it was in my filtered box

Jim, I had a good laugh in the tackle shop about that new seceret formula :grin:

My dad ended up with six today, one that went 40#, only one more day in the Willie and then she's John's.. he said that I would have visitation rights though :grin: and I will e visiting her!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts