1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished above willow bar.
6:00am to 3:45 pm

25 boats in view.
Exactly one fish bagged. (not me)

Watched them drift down to my boat and net 'em 50 feet above us. I love having a front row -center seat when someone else catches one!

Will try again next week when I have the next 16 days of for vacation. All fishing, all the time.:wave:

Oh, watched a Peregrine falcon get into a scuffle with a young bald eagle. The falcon knocks the Eagle out of the tree - he barely caught flight just above the waters edge. I could not believe the size of the eagle when he flew overhead. Just massive.

· Registered
2,864 Posts
There were about 25 boats where we were and 5 fish total with one to the bankies. My son got one for the 3rd fish in 3 trips this week. Not hot yet, but then better than avg Have a pic about 24 lbs, but don't know how to put it on.

· Registered
209 Posts
We released a Tule about 18# just above the mouth of the Kalama at 9 AM. Sitting on the hook in 22ft depth targeting steelhead.
Moved down river to CMarker 39 for a few hours at 45 ft, then back upriver to finish out the day at 50 ft. Seen two boats with fish on.
Fish Checker (3:30 PM) at Kalama reported only 2 Chinook checked and 1 Steelhead. Not a very productive day by any means, but it's still early, there comin'

Chicken on the barbeque at 6 PM.

· Registered
1,805 Posts
We fished below St Helens from about 11:30 to 4:30 in a couple different spots. Quite a few boats out there trying but we didn't see one net. Nothing fo us either. Fish checker back at the ramp said he'd seen two fish for 30 boats. I nookie and a steeliegord. Nice day on the river until that front came through. River went from very light east wind & smooth to southwest wind and white caps in about 5 minutes!!!

· Registered
166 Posts
I trolled early AM from Frenchmans down the river a few miles, then anchored in 25, 35, and 50' depths. Ends of wing-dams and along various channels. I did not mark any large fish - except for one instance. Near the end of a wing dam there was an osprey nesting on top of the last piling. there was a beaver (or nutria) swimming around it constantly trying to figure out how to get up ( I think). Anyhow, as this guy started his aggressive swim around this piling, I noticed 4 large arches on the FF that came and went -all within a couple feet of the bottom. I guess I should've chased them, but that was all I saw for the day (6am - 3pm). Nice boat ride, and I did convince my 14 year old who does not enjoy the fishing stuff to come along so we had fun eating snacks and playing cards...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.