IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!!!!!!!! :dance: After more than several trips to the spot, I finally got my just desserts!!!!!!

Dom and I hit the water Saturday morning. 0-dark thirty. We were in the spot for about fifteen minutes, then these kids from Silverton come down and plop in between us.
No problem, there is plenty of room... Bang, kid1 has a fish on. Nice 38 inch buck. Bang, kid 2 has a fish on...Mis-clipped buck and back in the river. That sums up the morning. We hit it with a few friends in the evening about 6 or so. Not much but the kayakers in the water. Then about 8, my line slacks up. Thinking I am tangled with the guy next to my, I start to reel up.. :blush: Bam! Fish on. Usually a fair hooked fish will stay in the deep hole. Not this one. It took about 50 yards of line and wanted to go. I finally wore it out and got her to the net. :laugh:

This is my absolute first Chinook! I was so tickled. 36 inches and 18 pounds on the spring scale. Not a bad way to start, and we got some fresh eggs to cure.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hey not all of the kids from Silverton are hooligans like that
lol but there are a few. Did you happen to catch either of there names? Congrats on the nice fish. :dance:

-Blake

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I've got three boys at Silverton High, well two now, one graduated Thursday. If it was one of their pals, I'll find out. Yea, I'll have a little talk with them.
What the heck are they thinking, not showing me their spots!! :wink: Nice job on the fish. :cheers: I just caught my first Chinook a couple of weeks ago, Great feeling, Huh. :dance: :dance:

[ 06-08-2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Woody ]

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a great feeling!.

I couldn't believe those guys were catching fish and we weren't. Dom's dad caught another hen tonight using eggs. Wish I could say they were Amermans... We have been thru almost 2 jars with only one salmon and no steelhead. But they sure look god on the hook... His hen tonight was about 35 inches and close to 18 pounds. From what I have seen so far, that is about the average so far this year... Not bad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts