IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Columbia near St. Helens on Saturday from about 6:30 AM to 2:00. Only saw four fish (2 keepers) caught for about 40 boats. We had one on, but lost it...a very slow day.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I took my two daughters out on Saturday. We fished around Stella. One nate. I think we were the only boat that got a fish. We almost got the grand slam in weather though. Sun, rain, wind, hail, thunder, and lightning.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Had a good day on Saturday, had two bites right away after leaving Fred's Marina. Friend Bill was using a rotary killer, fish took the herring but escaped the hooks. So right off we were two strikes, no runs. Then about 10:30, trolling downstream (with current) from the wing dam at Multnomah Channel to the red bouy on the Sauvie Island side, felt the tap.tap.tap and had a fish on. Quite a fight and finally got my first springer of this season, a 25lb hatchery buck. We metered lots of fish but were not getting any other hook ups so we went out to the Columbia and again were trolling downriver, with the current. Were between Davis and Frenchman's bar, had swung in toward the Washington shore, weaving in between the hog line just upstream from the wing dam when we got another hit --- a nice 15lb up-river bright, hen. Mine was on a plug cut herring, two hook set up but I have been putting in a heavy duty snubber like for coho fishing in the ocean, right behind the wieght ball drop line. Friend David's fish was on same type of set up but we put a couple of beads and a small spinner blade in front of the plug cut herring. What a beautiful day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts