IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sandy River Chapter of the Northwest Steelheaders is sponsoring a river clean-up at Cedar Creek on Saturday, June 14th. We will meet in the hatchery parking lot at 8:00am.

If we can get 12 or 15 volunteers, the cleanup should only take an hour or two.

Hatchery staff will provide an ATV to haul the trash out.

Please contact me via this forum or by e-mail if you are interested.

Thank You,

Daren Roeser
[email protected]

[ 06-06-2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Snag ]

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
Way to go, you guys.
But.. I'll only let you post this if you let me fix your avatar! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
670 Posts
June 14th works great for me. Please count me in.

·
Premium Member
14,449 Posts
i'd love to go but i've got family coming in from out of state for a week during that time. i hope the sight of a bunch of folks picking up trash out there changes some attitudes for the better.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Snag,

Is this all the turn out we have so far? If it is, COME ON IFISHER'S, LET'S DO GOOD NOT JUST TALK GOOD!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I feel bad, after nominating Cedar Creek on Jen's thread, you guys are rolling up your sleeves to do it. Unfortunately, I've got a trip in Central Oregon, otherwise I'd be there.

Seems like there's a lot of Sandy river Ifishers so you should get a good turnout.

I'll pass along the info to others I know.

Thanks for the effort!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Way to go guys

I'd be there but have other comittments.

I have kind of taken on keeping the Carver "swimming hole" cleaned up. I've had my 2 Scout boys down there picking up trash and all the left over cans and bottles. Can't believe what shape people will leave our beautiful river shores looking like

In two consecutive days we have gotten about $25.00 and $18.00 of retunables and 4 large bags of trash :shocked:

Come on guys if you pack it in, pack it out!!!!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
For us Washington guys, you need to clarify what Cedar Creek

·
Registered
670 Posts
That would be Cedar Creek on the Sandy River. There is a parking lot at the Cedar Creek hatchery just outside of the town of Sandy, Oregon.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Well...we finished our clean up of Cedar Creek. It actually wasn't too bad. I hate to see trash when I fish so hopefully we made it a bit better for folks fishing in the area.

Thanks to Daren for organizing it.

Really beautiful area. Always amazes me all these nice salmon streams in urban/suburban areas.

First time I had ever been to Cedar Creek and I was expecting a real trashing.

Of course, only a three folks had waders to get to the busy area and they came back with the most trash. We'll all have wading outfits for the next clean up.

Overall we took out about 10 full trash bags, a bike and a couple tires.

Despite having our drawing supervised by the State Police, Colonel managed to fix it and get the prize. A grand jury has been convened.

Last time I hand off a spring chinook to him.

Brion

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
Thank you to all of you who attended! I wish I could have been there!
Jen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts