IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded up the Spoiled Daddy and hit the water at 0700. By 0830 we were limited with 6 nooks from 9 to 28 lbs. Pretty foggy, but the ocean was beautiful. :dance:

We found the nooks straight out of Newport in 180-200 feet of water and right on the surface. We caught just as many on a coyote spoon on a diver behind the motor as we did on hoochies on the downriggers set at 30 and 35 feet.

It was good to meet a couple of Ifishers at the docks too! :cheers:

SD

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I couldnt believe all the boats at 5am! highway to Newport was littered with them, dopey bay was a zoo. Nice report, great fish SD....Man do I need to find an open seat for some of that action. Water looked like it couldnt be any more flat or inviting this morning.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Nice fish bro. We were out yesterday on a flat ocean and tagged out as well. We put a 30 plus pound nook in the box and lost another dandy at the boat. The silvers were pretty thick weighing between 8 and 10 pounds. All fish were caught on divers at 6 to 10 pulls. I'll be back at her next Saturday, see ya on the water.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Very nice fish. I hope this continues on into the rivers since I don't get to go get um out in the big blue. :cheers:
Congrats

Later Geoff

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Man am I desperate for a nice fish like that, I am on call this weekend so that limits my options. Do you think I could get out at depoe in my float tube?! :grin: By the way how far out were you guys when you hooked up? Thanks for the great pic.
SB

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Steelie Ben- Our last couple of trips have been red hot with limits all around. We have been running about 5 to 7 miles out and have been back by the dock before noon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice fish guys! We had the same success with four of us and one was 30lbs. What a great time! Hope for more trips like this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts