IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help for Springer fishing on Saterday the 26th. My Dad is comming over from La Grande with his Jet Boat and just opened up a whole lot more opertunities to fish :grin: .(Won't be in our slow drift boat) So my question is, Where, and how should we get a couple of Springers in the boat? Thanks for any info :smile:

CM

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hey Corkie.

Don't feel bad, I think everyone is a little shell-shocked from the lack of success this weekend. It was nice weather, but there didn't seem to be a decent bite anywhere. The Willamette and Wind had both cooled down and the Columbia had hundreds of skunked boaters this weekend (there were 3 in my boat). I am hoping the run will increase and whatever funk was on the big C will be gone by this weekend. If I were you I'd plan to hit the Columbia out of St. Helens or Rainier, but be ready to move to the Willamette if you hear of good reports or have any favorite spots. There are just too many fish around not to turn on somewhere.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Corkie,

Check out the weekend fishing reports for spots.

My suggestion would be to launch at Willamette Park or that ramp under St. Johns bridge. Cruise up to OC and then start working your way down river.

Try all the spots from the Garbage Hole down.

See if you spot fish getting caught, check out what other folks are using (bring those spy glasses!)

As BiteMe Guide Services noted, prawn spinners upriver in the faster, shallower water and then herring if fishing the deeper slower water downriver.

I noticed some of the successful guide boats were working the back edies upriver, where the water shallows up and slows down a bit.

Makes sense that is where fish would be holding, resting out of the strong current.

That also gets you out of the more stressful areas of strong current and Saturday crowds.

Be a nice ride up and down the river, check out a lot of spots, look for the hot spots and a relaxing Saturday fishing...might even get a fish <grin>.

Brion

·
Registered
532 Posts
hmm with a rod, line, lure and net? I'd say the clack--

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I will keep an eye out this week to see where the fish are beeing cuaght. I've only got 2 more weeks to get a Springer, (getting desperate) then I'm gone for the summer.

Thanks
CM

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Corkie Monster,

Well...slight revision...we were getting them with egg/sand shrimp combos up at the Garbage Hole past Clackamette Park.

Back bouncing and divers.

It's starting to kick out fish up there so weekend will likley be a nut house.

Brion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.