IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All thanks to Skipper for offering the open seat for Saturday outta Garibaldi. I was fortunate enough to be the first one to ask to fill it. It was first Skipper's foray to the halibut grounds. Smiley was the other lucky one as we headed waaay out onto the big blue.

We battled with a few and brought one back. Nutting eats better than fresh halibut. We came back in close and got hi by silvers, nates and drive-bys. We headed in to make iFishStock and eat our fill (twice for me!) Thanks Jen!

Well, it was a great time, great folks to fish w/ and an adventure for sure. I've never fished 900' down!

Thanks Skipper, Mark

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi reelist,

Glad you came along, and brought your Halibut rod.

We also bagged 15 nice keeper crabs that we cooked and cleaned at Ifishstock for everyone.

I also found out, talking with 3 others and describing that different fish you caught was actually a Black Cod, very edible and tasty. Too bad we didn't know that, it ended up as crab bait. :hoboy:

Nice day out there, and fun guys to fish with. Let's do it again.

Cheerio'
Skipper

1 - 2 of 2 Posts