IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread that was posted earlier about the Saturday gathering at Depoe Bay has gone away. Was this pulled by the moderators? :whazzup:

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
No, it was moved to the Salty Dogs Board..........

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry hear that DBD. You should be applauded for your efforts. Would still like to hook up with you to fish sometime.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Thanks SKSPAWNER.

I'm back. I just needed a little break.

I will see if I can find my original post (I might have saved it in word) and if not, I can probably get it from one of the mods. Hate to have to rewrite. I'm a very slow typer!

Thanks for all the emails guys. We'll start it over again clean and sanitized and on a positive note.

And enough said on that I hope.

thanks

(Here is your original post, Dan. - crabbait)
posted 06-01-2003 09:49 PM

On Saturday morning June 14th at 6:00am (weather permitting) there will be some ifisher’s getting together in their private boats for a bottom fishing trip out of Depoe Bay. All are welcome to join in on the fun, ifisher’s and non-ifisher’s alike (is there such a thing now days).

We will meet at the public boat ramp at 6:00am. For any late comers (whether by design or otherwise) we will be exchanging some cell #’s and the appropriate radio stations (CB & VHF) we will be using. If someone is late and unfamiliar with entering and exiting Depoe bay harbor, we can zip in and have you follow us back out.

The purpose of this trip is to have fun, catch some fish, show unfamiliar small boaters how to navigate in and out of Depoe Bay, avoid a few obstacles (Flat rock, North reef, and Gilligan’s Island) , and to show inexperienced rockfish fishermen how and where to catch these fun & delicious fish. I and/or a US Coast Guardsman will give a safety spill before we leave the docks.

Sunday the following day, I will be showing some folks their way around the rocks. If any boaters are coming down to fish both days, you will have learned enough fishing Saturday that I believe you will be comfortable going out without me on Sunday and there might be some experienced locals and others fishing on Sunday also.

6’-7’ boat rods work fine but I usually use my 8’6” salmon/steelhead rods. Any questions on tackle or otherwise you can post on this thread, or email me @ [email protected] or contact me at (541) 765-2896.

I will be putting a current list together of folks interested in attending later but you can show up unannounced also if you would like.

[ 06-02-2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey Dan, as it turns out I may be in your area on the 14th - my sons and I will be sturgie bashing up at Astoria the 12th and 13th. My younger son and I might stay on through the weekend instead of going home the 14th. If we're in the area we'll look for you "on the rocks".

Dean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts