IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a blast... Went to the spot with Dom and his dad. Inside of fifteen minutes, these two were hooked up!!!!!!!

Dom says "fish on!" Cool, I grab the net, try once to get it into the net, and it was too big. Should have got a bigger net. No problem. On the second pass, Dom sees the fin.. Dang it, it has to go back. we get it to shore to release, after I slip off a rock and get wet;;After all, it was my turn in the water,and its a HOG... Had to go well into the twenties! While we are wrestling with the rocks and the fish, I look over to see Doms dad with the pole bent. "fish on!" The first double of the year, with the first 2 springers. :dance: :cheers: This hatchery buck was putting up a native fight. Taking run after run to the bottom. :dance:
It went about 17 pounds and 35 1/2 inches long. Great evening. See you on the river tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Nice Job Guys!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Congratulations on a nice fish :dance:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,375 Posts
The matching buffalo-plaid must have been the magic ticket! :wink: :wink:

Great catch. :cool:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
congrats tag-a-long

Willirower,

It was fun getting out with you and Steve again. Too bad the fish weren't in the mood to bite. Those 2 log jams above greens bridge is hairy looking. My suggestion to anyone running that stretch is to line you boat around both of them the first jam has water flowing from right to river left so line from the right bank. The next rapid flows from right to left so line from the left bank. Stay away from that float if you are not an expert white water oarsman please.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Congrats!

I fished the North yesterday from a sled. We put in at Greenes Bridge and ran up past where guys like to dump there drift boats in the log jams. We hit every piece of good water on that stretch and dint touch a thing. We also fished the Main Santiam from the forks all the way down to the bluffs, Nothing there either. Oh well it was fun running the river in a sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts