IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who dumped all that mud in the Sandy. I went to Dodge Park yesterday to stretch my legs and the Sandy looked like Split pea Soup. max visibility about 3 inches. There was a layer of brown silt on top of the rocks and sand. Revenue bridge was the same way. I hadn't heard of a slide or any thing like that. Just wondering "What Happened" Any one know?
Rubber Hooks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Called Rain & Run off from last week...been like that for 5 -6 days, I expect until the river can settle out we will see this until get get a normal flow without the spikes, it toped out during the rains a 8.4 if I recall..

·
Registered
556 Posts
It didn't seem like we had that much main, it usually takes at least 4 inches to brown out the SAndy river. Do you think they release huge amounts of water out of marmott dam at various time to flush the system out?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Marmot primarily diverts water, it really doesn't hold that much back. This isn't caused by rain, I've lived on the Sandy long enough to know how it is affected by freezing levels & rain. There has got to be a slide somewhere for it to be as ugly as it is right now and also for so long.

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
This has to be the fallout from a slide that happened somewhere above Cedar back in September. We haven't had any real rain in a while and I was waiting to see what would happen. Well, now we know. Hope this clears up soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys for the posts. I have been fishing the Sandy for the last 20 years and didn't think that mess was caused by rain.
Rubber Hooks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts