IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hiked down from Cedar Creek about a mile today. Quite a few people, but not hard to find a run to fish. Lots of bright fish in. Lots of bright fish caught on everything from spinners to corkies and eggs.

Best fishing was in the faster water, not in the slower pools where the majority of people were fishing.

As I said, lots of people but still plenty of space to spread out. And loads of fish...

·
Registered
71 Posts
fished the dodge park area today,three jacks for myself.my buddy caught two bucks & one hen.all caught on bobber & eggs.lots of fish in the river and not many people if your willing to walk a little bit.

david

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was thinking about fishing for some Coho, the problem is I don't know the first thing about them! This would be my first time. Was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get to the mouth of cedar creek and what road do I take off of 26? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. In case anyone is heading to Idaho soon, the Owyhee river (in Oregon)near the border is red hot for brown trout. Last week were all 30 plus fish days on spoons. I'll try to post the pics if I can just figure out how to do so. Best of luck to all...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Directions to Cedar Creek: Take the main highway through Sandy (towards Mt. Hood) and you'll see a sign directing you to Rosalyn Lake. Take that turn and follow the road until you see a sign to the Sandy Fish Hatchery (probably a mile from the turnoff), take a left. You'll see where all of the cars are parked.

It's about a 1/2 - 3/4 mile hike in. Bring a backpack and anything else you need to carry a fish out as it's a decent hill. I also would recommend wearing waders so you can cross over the Sandy right at the mouth of Cedar Creek. Hike downstream a ways until you see runs of faster water. That's where most of the biters are...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts