IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fished the sandy today with a friend and we caught 3 fish. One springer on green corky and sandshrimp. One native springer on red corky and prawns. And one native steelhead on blue corky and pink yarn it was my biggest steelhead yet very clost to 20 pounds.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Good on ya...I fished all day Sunday, oxbow, dodge park, marmot, sandshrimp/spinglo, bobber/jig, corkie/yarn didn't catch a thing. Neither did anybody else I saw.

I haven't caught a fish yet in my 4 month steelhead career, may have to change careers

·
Registered
72 Posts
wannacatchem,
Join the crowd. Keep working at it. Once you've hooked one you'll know why it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Floated Dabney to LC Saturday...........nada, saw no others caught as well, saw none roll either.

JK

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I floated from oxbow to dabney Sunday.. Nada thing to report. I saw a few fish around, but they all had lock jaw..

·
Registered
141 Posts
me and my friend drifted dabney to LC on saturday and i did ot see or here about any fish cought and i drifted oxbow to dabney on sunday and also did not catch anything or here any thing being cought.

(brown wooden drift boat if any body noticed).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fished the Marmot area today, not one fish seen or hooked all day. Anyone been fishing the cedar creek area? parking lots been pretty full, they must be gettin em'

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Drifted Dabney to L and C this afternoon and Saw and heard of nothing. Talked to Jack Glass and he said it had been real slow this week.

Was more relaxing than OC this morning though.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Going to hit Cedar Creek on Wednesday. I will let you guys know what is going on up there.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Fished Cedar creek last night along with 10 of my closest pals. One nice summer fish caught by a guy who had been there all day. Two guys had crossed over to the island and fished down below, they brought up two nice fish, one summer and one springer, both 10-12 lbs. Other than that, deathly quiet.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
I've got a few hours to kill this afternoon so I'm going to backtroll the drift under the Troutdale bridge today in my DB from around 3:00-7:00. We'll see if there's any in there that like shrimp, eggs or plugs. Will give a report tomorrow.

JK

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Went to Cedar Creek today. There were about ten people fishing. One guy pulled two Springers out first thing in the morning. Saw another native Springer taken that was probably around 25 lbs. I landed a nice Summer Steelhead of about 8 lbs. That was all I saw or heard of. Overall, things seemed to be pretty slow.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Well I backtrolled the area from the Troutdale bridge down to the railroad bridge for about 3 1/2 hours yesterday. Used diver and shrimp, backbounced shrimp/eggs the deeper sections and flatlined kwikfish but no bumps, bites or wiggles to speak of. Water was rising a little but had real good color. Talked to all the boats taking out at LC and not one fish except for a local guide had two steelhead. I'll have to keep trying, they'll be coming soon me thinks...........

JK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts