IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Cedar Creek around 9am today. Parking lot was FULL so I had the pleasure of parking in the over flow area. I tried corkies/yarn and no luck. Switched to Blue Fox #4 Red spinner. Foul hooked 2 but was able to release them in the water quickly. I got LUCKY when a nice 7# hen hit less than 10 feet from me. I saw her take my spinner. Wow...that was a thrill to see.

On the downside, there were SO many people keeping snagged fish. I confronted one older gentlemen for keeping his snagged fish, but nothing good came out of his mouth. I was SO upset that people were keeping them!!! Where are the State Troopers when you need them?

That was my 3rd coho this year. The first two were caught using eggs about 2 miles down from Cedar Creek.

Happy fishing y'all.

Alan

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was chatting with a guy this morning up there and he said that there were a number of tickets handed out yesterday. I don't know if that's true or not. I don't usually fish in the populated areas. But mostly when I have hit the popular holes, most people are letting foul hooked fish go unharmed. You must have just met up with one of the
three tooth wonders up there. Ya know, they're everywhere. Sorry you had a bad experience though. :depressed:

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
Yep, the State Trooper's were up there the other day. It was definitely nice to see them there. The Stater was in the parking lot, but the talk on the bank about it was obvious. I heard see arrested some guy for being DRUNK in public. Wish I coulda seen that. Too bad she didn't come down, but just being there seemed to be enough. Anyway, I got my two hens in about an hour and a half. Drifting eggs has been my "go to", THANK YOU MR. AMERMAN!
Man, I love how those eggs turn out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts