IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished all day from the mouth up to Stark Street... To make this report quick...no fish for all those I talked with...Water Temp dropped down to 47 deg from the 52 the other day. Wind was picking up from out of the West...

Looking out to Camas saw 3 or 4 boats shad fishing...no clue as to their action.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I was up at Oxbow most of the day today with a friend of mine who wants to get back to fishing now that he is retired. A bit better, but not by much. Saw one football of a jack on the bank and heard that a drift boat checked in w/ 2 on its run from Dodge. Saw one other momentary hook-up and talked to another who had a summer steelhead for the day. So, there are fish around to be found.

Of course, I did not touch a fish. My repair job on the ferrule on my steelhead rod gave up the ghost today - on a big ole sucker my friend hooked. When the fish hit, he set the hook hard and the rod just collapsed at the ferrule :hoboy: . Thinking we might have a steelhead (yes, I am delusional), I held the tip of the rod up high while my friend reeled - like holding up one of those radio attenna's for tracking wildlife :shocked: . Would have been a kick if it had been a steelhead. Anyway, since the sucker was a native (had all its fins), we let it go.

Saw all kinds of weather -hail, thunder, showers, rain, sunbreaks. River looked great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts