IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fish the Sandy today. It looked beautiful. A great day but not a bite.

One driftboat got three fish but I think that was it for the everyone from Start St. Bridge on down.

Back to the Willamette on Sunday.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks Brion. At least someone's having success!!! I have been fishing the Sandy and Hood this last week without a take. I guess I can't use.... "there not in here"... anymore!!!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TYEE-FISHER,

I guess I can't use.... "there not in here"... anymore!!!!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Actually I think you can. The fish, even in the Willamette and Columbia, seem to coming in in fits and spurts this year compared to 2001 and 2002 where it steadily built to a peak.

If look at the graph, 2003 might end up being closer to a 10 year average year vs. the spectacular runs of 2001 and 2002.

We are probably all adjusting to fishing an "average" year vs. a "great" year.

Scary thing is, we may look back on this as one of our "Glory Days". If it is an average year, we may not have a Spring Chinook season next year.

Overall, I've got three Spring Chinook on my tag, released one native and a couple rod handoffs. Two of the kids have two each on their tags plus a couple native releases. From "no season" a few years ago, that's pretty good.

And it's not over yet, we can tick away on Willamette and Sandy into May. And...still my beating heart...we may still see the 2001/2002 spike.

Brion

·
Registered
882 Posts
Fished the sandy yesterday up at cedar and including our fish I saw 10 summers taken thats from as far as you can walk down up to the mouth of cedar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts