IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on drifting the sandy from oxbow to Lewis and Clark on Saturday. :grin: How is the water?
I have checked the river levels and it seems about right. Does anybody know what the color looks like? :shrug: Has there been fish caught? :dance: Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Team Fish

·
Registered
882 Posts
Color is great and flows a good too. Fish are around but youll have to put your time in for them. The nates are winding down and the summers and springers are just starting to show up get out and fish hard and you should be rewarded. good luck!!! :smile:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I fished the Sandy on Tuesday from Oxbow to Lewis and Clark. The flows were great but the fishing was slow. I didn't see any rolling springers and only a few steelhead. My buddy hooked, and lost, a winter run kelt steelhead. It was pretty dark. It hit a gob of eggs. It was the only hit we had.

The fish are spread out and the springers haven't arrived in good numbers yet. My advice is to stick with the lower river (below Dabney). But you'll have to fight the sleds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts