IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing on the Sandy today. We limiting with 6 coho. Using silver nordics...and yes... they were all fair hooked. We did release two that were snagged, but I have never seen so many coho in that river bite at one time. Did anybody else fish the Sandy today???

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Were you fishing the mouth of the Sandy, or the river itself? I have never heard of anyone jigging for Coho in the river...

I did fish the Sandy above Dodge, saw some fish moving through, only a long range release for me..

Good job on the fish!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, not the gauge hole the one above it....I think it is called the bend??? or the big bend??? anyway

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Nordic is a type of jib and we get the all silver kind but u can also scrap the paint off it works both ways

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No they are lead that is molded to look like a fish that is then painted. Similar to a buzz bomb.

·
Banned
31 Posts
i know of a guy that lives just down from the gadge, and ties his and his buddies drift boats up there. they jig nortics in the gadge snagging all there fish. I am not saying you cant fair hook them on nortics, just saying it looks funny when you fish with snagging gear.

Nice job on the fish. i think I will stay on the clack, the fish bite better.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That Guy does not live there any more and you can snag a fish with corkie and yarn too. You can snag fish with anything and I have seen people snag fish with almost everything. I am not a SNAGGER don't accuse me of being ONE!!!!!!! :blush:

:bowdown: The King :mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
King, nice job on the fish. It's good to hear that the silvers are coming in :dance: :dance: Thanks for sharing.

So do you think a silver blue fox might work down there?

[ 09-20-2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: justasillyolgirl ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts