IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey iFishers, has anybody fished from Revenue brige down to Cedar Creek on foot? Is there adequate bank along there to stay below high water? I'm just trying to plan a day and need to have an idea if it is possible and how long I should plan to be out. Also, how about Cedar Creek all the way to the end of Marsh Road or Dodge? By my map its about 3 miles of river to Dodge. Again, can a guy walk the bank all the way?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
revenue to cedar, maybe. revenue up, i'm guessing not. revenue marks the start of canyon lands on the higher sandy. climbing over puts you above the mean high water mark and means you're trespassing on private property. you'll never know unless you try though.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We have hiked up towards Cedar Creek from Dodge Park many times. It is necessary to cross the river twice to get to the end of Marsh Rd. We never do this when flows are over 2000 cfs on the Bull Run gauge and really its probably not safe over about 1250 cfs (chuckdog knows what the Marmot Guage would be). At the end of Marsh Rd another crossing is necessary to keep going upstream and we've never tried it as there's no good ford. I've never seen any of the guys coming down from Cedar Cr. try it either.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unless you have photos of the river above clackamas county wilderness park you can not proceed past fishers hole which is just above the Elvis Ray hole (uniformed call it the powerline hole ) without tresspassing.Another pinch point is just below the Marsh property at the Fancher Hole where you must go well above high water to get to the Marsh hole. The top of the Marsh hole is impassable at any level without a nasty swim.
That concrete slab you see at the end of the Marsh property is where our family cabin stood for nearly 49 years. I really miss the parking meter that was in the bathroom. 64 was bad but the cabin survived although the river moved about 200 ft closer. the 79 high water finally got the foundation.The remaining foundation is about 25 ft above the water.The reason for the photos ? Too prove in Court that the land owners altered the bank so you could not proceed.Without the photos your goose is cooked.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Unable to pass as far down as you can go from Cedar Creek. If the water is low you can make one pass but to continue on would be difficult without getting wet or tresspassing. It isnt neccessary to travel that much of a distance on the upper river as good bait and 3 or 4 holes ranging from 6 to 18 ft will be suffice to achieve your limit as :wink: as well as the right amount of effort.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody! I was hoping to have a one way trip with a car parked at the end of the hike. It sounded like a good way to spend a day, but, I guess it is just not feasible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey tailout, been doing any good lately? i was at that hole we met at and saw a 2 fish pulled out. the water was really silty and the hole is getting quite popular. i decided to venture down river and found a few nice holes down there and saw a few rollers but no biters. take it easy.
jbug

·
Registered
531 Posts
Brine
The bite has been good.
If you think Chinook are not leader shy in this water your an idiot. Start with 8 and wind up with 6 when the sun hits the water. My MY what you can do with 6lb Maxima.
BTW where is my OFC newsletter ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
JBUG I have picked up 5 and lost a couple since I saw you last a couple in the hole we met at and a couple down a few holes my buddies have also picked up quite a few. With this last bit of rain some brighter fish have moved in and I picked up a 20 last night and had a couple soft bobber downs with no sticks. My buddy was at the hole we met at on Sat. and said there were about 10 taken out by 9 am. maybe ill see you out there. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts