IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Floated Oxbow to Lewis and Clark. No dice. Had one take-down pullin' plugs. Saw some four fish in the river, none in boats! What gives? What about the Clack?

Anyboday have a reliable source to shuttle their rig to the take-out?

Slow and Low........make that just SLOW for today.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You looking for a Sandy shuttle or a Clack Shuttle? On the Sandy you can call Dorthey at 503-666-2270, I also think Jacks is doing them from what I have been told 503-665-2257. On the clack I am not sure, saw a Sign at Mt. Hood Custom Rods saying they did them.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Zero for one today. One take down in lower Oxbow Park that went something like this:

Pull, hard pull, pull, tail splash, nothing. Couldn't tell if it was a salmon or steelhead.

The water was surprisingly clear.

·
Banned
39 Posts
There are two Clackamas River Shuttles.

Brian at Mr. Hood Custom Rods is cheaper, 503.631.2395.

I also have two other numbers, but don't know names. 503.826.1066 and 503.630.2205.

On the Sandy, Dorothy takes the calls, but her brother runs the shuttles. 503.666.2270.

Good luck,

Spookalotafish Jr.
(you should see my father whip up a froth).

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I was at my zipperlip spot :hoboy: between I-84 and the Railroad Bridge on the Sandy River today. A friend of a friend wanted me to take him and his brother 'n law (from Chicago) out. We gave it a good try - had only one good take down and then a sucker (there in). Plunking. Nice day.

We did not see anything taken - though I did have to politely mention to one group that the river was closed to trout and as such they should not be fishing trout gear. They just didn't know and seemed appreciative. Also, before I approached them, they were handling and releasing smolts gently. I see this quite a bit - often I suggest to these folk to go to Wakeena Pond or Benson Lake to fish for stocked trout. They are just out to fish and more often than not welcome the information on were to go where they can trout fish legally and keep fish.

[ 05-18-2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Navigator ]

·
Registered
16,755 Posts
I just started using Grant this year. Real nice guy, good rates and always available.

JK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.