IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of friends and I are going after summers on thursday. We were going to drive down the south saintaim(sp) but thats a long drive after working graveyard so...... Has anybody had any luck on the sandy or clack lately??? Not looking for honey holes just a general report.

Thanks all!!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't fished up there recently. Buddy of mine caught a small summer couple weeks ago on the clack, but he said it was pretty slow

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I drove by the Sandy last Sunday up by Cedar Creek and the water was kind of silty but not to bad. BUT...............with these extreme hot temps we are having I would be worried about the run off making it more silty.

I fished up at Cedar Creek about two weeks ago, from what I heard to water clarity on that Saturday was not bad but on Sunday when I went it was very silty almost muddy, less than a foot of vis. My point is that this time of year the Sandy can change really quickly and spoil a day planned for fishing.

If it were me I would go either to the S. Santiam or up by Casadaro (sp) on the Clack.

JK

[ 07-30-2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Artwo ]

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Your probably better off driving an extra 30 minutes and go plunk near bonniville! The Clack is Warm, clear and mossy.. and SLOW... Plus tubers and kyakers like to practice barrel rolls in some of the best holes! If you go plunk you can sit on your butt and drink beer and wait for the bell to ring!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys!!! Looks like the south Santiam will be our best bet.

tight lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts