IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday and Tues night a small pilot run of Small Males arrived in the lower Sandy.Very few were hooked.These are rocket ship fish that I would guess are now below the hatchery. After spending 5 weeks at Buoy 10 with Guests I was shocked at the condition of these fish.They were long and very skiny.Reminded me of the El Nino Coho of a few years ago. These fish looked very frail and thin.They were mint bright and put up a fairly good fight. I hope the rest of the run is in better condition.The real surprise was the total lack of Jacks. Silver Jacks are one of my favorite eating fish.More rain will be neded to move in more fish. I heard a rumor that the Clack has fish below Eagle Creek. I will confirm when I return from guiding on the Deschutes next week. Good Luck & Now you can't say I haven't shared.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Seems like a lot of small males in the system right now. :shrug: There are a few nice ones around though, but don't tell anyone :wink: .

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
hey buster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts