IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wonering if the bait shop in sandy is hurtin for buissness. the reasone I ask is they put a big artical in the paper about how great the fishing on the sandy up by ceder creek has been and now they got a artical in the fishing and hunting news and if anything the fishing up their has slowed way, way, down from what it was a month ago. Don't get me wrong their is still a few around but the Hood and the N.santanim and the Wilson are fishing way better. Just kinda p's me off when they put out crap to sell bait :mad:
. I for one won't go there again. my two cent Rich

·
Registered
584 Posts
They're nice people there. I can't remember their names, but the husband guides and the wife runs the shop. Remember, it's business, they have to put a positive spin on things.

Another thing to consider is the publication that produced the story. You'll see the same type of articles appear each year at certain times, whether the fishing is good or not.

Also, the fishing may have been good when they talked to the store. Print publications aren't real time, so the information provided is often stale.

Let's keep the little guys in business... :smile:

·
Registered
515 Posts
it's jack glass and his wife that own the store. and if ANYONE can pull fish out of the sandy on any given day it's jack. heck the man lives on the sandy, i've never been steered wrong yet, but that just my 2cents. c.b. :cheers:

·
Registered
584 Posts
CB,
I think he's referring to Reel Tackle in Sandy, not Jack's place on the Sandy. Both good places. I'll spend twenty with them before I'll drop ten at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, Not jack in troutdale the shop up in the town of sandy, Jacks a good guy. the shoup in the town of sandy the one where that lady is always grumpy, I bought two fly leaders from her about a month back and they were so old they broke like nothin. I am sure they are nice and I do feel for the little guys but gezz. I guess I didn't think about the story on the back burner until the action was over, well I hope they sell a lot of bait.

·
Premium Member
14,449 Posts
last time i fished the upper sandy, i dropped in to get bait. first, they didn't open until 7am (i think) which i thought was kind of unusual because in years past i could've sworn they opened at 6am. it was no big deal since it was 6:50 when i got there.

also, seems like there was a real nice lady that worked the shop before. the folks that opened it up were an older couple. did the place change hands?

regardless, when i'm up that way i will shop there. i try to support the small businesses out near the places i fish. walmart will stay in business if you don't buy bait or gear from them. these small businesses won't.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Fishin hasnt slowed, from now to the end July is when the fishing gets real hot you just have to now how where and when. Debbie isnt making anything up except shes probobly saying cedar creek as a general place as to not give all the good locals places away. Personnally I dont shop at her shop she opens to late and I can find better shrimp elsewhere, but shes there if need be. :smile:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
gottafish,

Nice people at the bait shop. The article doesn't bother me. Are you going to boycott F&H news for the article? Or MAYBE you use the information in their magazine but when it's YOUR fishing spot... I understand how you feel but you can't have it both ways.

jmo,
D.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i believe its called Reel Tackle and they are a great shop,,,,,,must be the ad company couldnt fill it with anything else so old report could fill the hole lol

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The name of the store is Reel Tackle, it is owned by Debbie and Don Schneider. They are both very, very nice people.

Everybody that fishes owes a lot to people like Debbie and Don. They are very, very involved with fighting for your rights to keep seasons open, keep hatcheries open and keeping the hatcheries releasing fish into rivers.

These are hard working people that are totally reliant upon fishing, so it's in their best interest, and ours, to fight to keep us fishing.

Don has been a guide for many years and if he is not attending a ODFW public meeting about closures and season dates, his wife Debbie is.

I wish there were more guides and business owners out there like Don and Debbie, people that will fight for sport fisherman, even people like gottafish :hoboy:

gottafish, if you have any problems with your bait or gear just return it or let Debbie know, I am sure she would take care of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts