IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear rudness is becoming more the norm than the exception. No more so than on the North Lewis
The guy in the 15 ft black alumaweld who dropped in 5 feet below me and side drifted through the run in which was anhored by is an unsafe, selfish Jerk. If you wanna onw the river then by all means buy it!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Living on the Lewis, I know exactly what you mean. There are some complete morons that I'd like to run off the river when they pull antics like that.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I hear ya RA.

For the past few weeks there has been some guy in about a 12 footer that likes to back bounce s-l-o-w-l-y through the Log hole over and over. He has been invited to the bank a few times to discuss the matter but I guess he figures he's not capable of learning anything and stays out in the middle.

:hoboy:

[ 05-27-2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Fast Water ]

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
You guys obviously don't know that these guys are the only ones that matter. They are the center of the fishing universe.

What...........you mean other people are trying to fish too???

·
Registered
135 Posts
had an incident with a boat load of yahoo's. on lake Bill Chinook last weekend jigging for kokes up on the upper reaches of the Metolious arm. we were doing pretty good, so moron up anchored and set down within ten feet of us. informed moron that we are not in a hogline on the willie, and the kokes are in the area by the thousands. moron and company cussed us out and proceeded to jig. so we up anchored and went over to the area from where they were fishing, and proceeded to catch more kokes. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Sounds normal for the lewis :hoboy:
Mouth of CC getting the boats in our bankie hole coming so close that you could poke there eye out with your rod tip is an every day thing it seems like.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Salmon fishing in an area that is known for hoglines is one thing, but sturgeon fishing can be uncalled for as well. We had some real winners run by us when we were fishing oversize out by Camas and just about chopped our lines off. We procede to hook a monster and what do they do, anchor 5 feet from us almost banging boats. Not to be rude to people, but sometimes the saying applies that there is a hole flipping river to fish. YOu don't need to be banging boats with us. Find another hole.

Like I said in another post, we intelligent Ifishers should combine our ideas to make a rules and ethics for NW rivers and lakes book and sell it for charity or just hand it out to morons on the rivers and lakes that make your blood boil!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Rob I whould like to know part of the river that you were anchored in. I live in woodland and fish the nf alote and I only know of one hole that whould be ok to anchor up and tie up that hole and that one is wright in town. I have anchored in other holes in the river BUT if someone comes along I have the insight to pull anchor and let everyone have a chance at the spot.
some spots on our rivers are better then others. but that dosent give anyone the right to be the only one to fish that spot dose it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Give me a break surething!!! Just because you live in Woodland, doesn't mean you know anything about the river. There is definately more than one spot on the river to anchor up in besides in town. Your probably the guy who pulled that garbage on Rob. I can name a dozen places to anchor up on the river without even trying. If you have ever been on the river with someone who knows how to run it, there are ways to fish a hole without pulling up when anchored or to fish around somebody who is anchored in a descent manner.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
[ 05-27-2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Something about 'the furs a flyin now', that just makes ya keep on readin. Kinda like a good scary scene in a movie, you wanta look away, you don't want see it but ya can't turn you eyes from the screen. Yah just gotta know how it ends. Or a cat fight, you know it hurts, someone is gonna bleed but do you step in to stop it, heck NO.
Why? It's what males do, fight over turf or was that the other gender. It's in the genes.
I'm only teasing, get over it guys. It only creates bad feelings !

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Mr. Carp~check your PM

You know what really ticked me off was last year, was fishing below the salmon hatchery there on the North Fork of the Lewis. Was the only guy/kid fishing the water fall. Started fishing it at about 6 in the morning. Been doing good there, been picking up a fish plunking spin go with eggs. Well, I was there at sun up plunking, only person there at the fall and at about 10 in the morning this drift boater pulls up and drops his anchor and tries telling me am in his hole and need to leave. Oh I was PO! Few words got tossed back and forward and I ended up adding a little more lead to it and put it right back out there.
Aint NO one gonna kick me out of my hole, well..........maybe if they are bigger then me

·
Registered
154 Posts
MR. Carp

You must not have read the whole thing. yes I live on the nf and I'm very lucky to be able to fish this wonderful fiver three or four days a week when fishing is good. that is why I know that there are very few spots on the river that you can anchor up and not block the spot for all the other people that might want to fish. I will say it again I have anchored in many spots on the river but I dont think I own the river and give way to other people out of courtsey. It sounds like you are the type that thinks the river is for you and only you. I'm sorry that you feel that way. but I'm still the type of sportsmen that will wish you a good day on the river even if you are locking up a good fishing hole that should be drifted or backbounced. MR. Carp I wish you well even with all your pent up anger.

Rob I whould still like to know what part of the river you were fishing when this occured. above or below woodland I still don't think there many spots to anchor if there are others on ther river trying to also catch one of our wonderful fish on the north fork.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
surething just to let you know
there are more spots on the nfl to anchor than you can count on both of your hands and still plenty of fishable water for everyone. so what you are saying is if you just got anchored and 10min later i come drifting down and say would you move i want to back troll plugs and bait through that hole, and that you would pull anchor and move also there is plenty of room for me to drift by and fish the holes around the conner i doubt it. all i am saying is that thier is plenty of water on the nfl to anchor up and not mess it up for every one else. most of the decent boat fishermen know that the bank anglers do not have the access that they have and give them plenty of room
unlike some people who think they are the olny one on the river :hoboy: Quick Fisher

[ 05-27-2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
How's this for starters, The guy who is there first gets to fish where he wants and how he wants. One guy says the hole should be side drifted, another says it should be run with divers and bait. Still another thinks it should plunked from the bank. Who cares, get up early or buy aboat if you want river access. Be the first one there and you got it made. Yes I know there is always the one guy who will try to mooch in but we have to set the example and if you come late you should fish in a manner that doesn't screw the other guy.
I've been on both sides and have fished from both a boat and the bank. I've had boats mess with me when I was on the bank and now that I own a boat the bank guys are throwing a fit. I go out of my way not to take anyones water but who are you to tell me how I should be fishing a hole. What bank guys seem to not understand is sometimes to run a 2200 lb boat through less than 12 inches of water takes a little speed. It just doesn't work unless the boat is on step. Sometimes the slot to drive the boat in is less than 10ft wide. So when I go by and you throw lead or your lines or whatever fit you want to have, think a little first. I'm just navigating a river that is my right to do. Why would I want mess with anyone. I don't care about stealing your hole. I don't want block you mess up your fishing or anything else you think I want to do. I just want to get to the next hole that is open. Remember the fits we through on the river teach all of the new guys and are kids the wrong thing and the problem stays the same.
I want to also say I've had way more problems with bank guys than I ever had from boats when I fished from the bank.

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beating a dead horse now but for thoes who asked here is a more detailes senario.

I was flaoting from Merwin dam down to the hatchery in my non-motorized drift boat. I was anchored in the middle of the river in a gravel bar. It was the shallowest part of the river and thats why I anchored there. We were casting over into the productive slot. I wanted to fish the whole slot which is about 50 yards long so I was pulling up my anchor every so often and working my way down the run and had been there for 10 minutes and needed about another 10 to finish the run out. Thats moving through the water pretty quickly by any standard. Up the river comes MR alumahead motors past me behind me actually so that was good. He goes upstream about 100 yards shuts down his big engine starts the kicker and all 3 guys grab their rods ( one guy had a scragely red beard. anyway they float down right next to me about 5 feet from the back of my boat around me then dropped in about 5 feet below me. Something he apparently isn't thinking about is that if while doing this his kicker dies ( which happens once in a while) he would have sunk my boat and maybe killed one of us. So thinking I'd be polite even if he wasn't asked how they were doing and if they had any luck the guy just says yes and gives me the go to hell look. At this point I am seriously thinking about putting the plugs our just to return the favor. But instead I pull anchor and head off to the next hole leaving him as a distant memory. Well I can't wait til the river gets to 1100 cfs like last year keep most of them motorized guys out of that part of the river.

·
Registered
154 Posts
what a subject everyone has the rite to fish and you have the rite to fish how you wan't to. we talk about ethics for our rivers but a few dont seem to have any. one bad apple cane spoil the day. and to quick fisher the only time i anchor
with my sled is when I know there are verry few boats on the river. and to ancer your question I whould move and let you fish through then re anchor or change how I am fishing.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
dunkman that is kind of my thoughts but when i am the frist one out fishing of a boat and i know the bank fishermen fish that hole i will just move on when the frist bank guy shows up but also you are 110% correct about having to get some speed up on some parts of the river,and all im saying is if some one is fishing a hole frist i will drif right past because there is more than one spot to fish on the rivers and always another day to fish Quick Fisher

1 - 20 of 28 Posts