1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
That sounds like a great Idea:clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
OK done deal...just gotta keep the wonder dog outta the tackle box...labrador on hot sauce..bad idea!!:sick:

·
Registered
652 Posts
hmmm, is it legal? If so.... this is going to be a fun spring.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
As I understand it your legally allowed to to take non-lethal action to ward off seals and sea lions if they're trying to grab your fish.

However, be careful what you do and when you do it. I got a ticket years ago for simply driving past a bunch of sea lions that were rafted up on a log boom and honking my horn. The federal officer cited me for harassing them. I got it dismissed in court but still it was hassle.

As for the birds I already keep hot sauce handy for those guys but suspect that too would be viewed as illegal.

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
Officer I was only adding some scent to my bait to ward off human smell - sorry if its a tad spicy, but the fish sure like it. Want to try some ;)

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Alka seltzer tabs inserted into hearring.Prob not legal as the seagulls will drop from the sky.You have to make sure they catch them in the air though.I was told.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I can think of some seals up at Neah Bay that will get a surprise the next time they try to steal my halibut!:idea:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts