IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the bite been unbelievably hot or is it just me and my new found rigging technique?

Ive landed at least one fish every day this week, nooks, both bright and dark...lots of 'em (big one was prolly 40)
And oodles of steel..chrome bright too. Hooked on today on my lunch break that went 15 easy...

So is it just me and the coast and the mild temps/falling barometer...or is there a good bite going on for those who have been out fishing lately? Ive been killing them in tidewater on just a single puffball and some zipper scent.

·
Registered
720 Posts
We've been doing pretty good out in the ocean, but it good just be my flies work better than hoochies. :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
How are you rigging the puff ball? Drift fishing? tight lining? Secret scent, UB?? If you dont want to post then e-mail. Good to see your still around and kicking.
Mikeymoto

·
Registered
720 Posts
We've been doing pretty good out in the ocean, but it could just be my flies work better than hoochies. :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mikey...#4 owner, egg loop... slide the PB onto the loop (holds good on the wraps) Orange is killing both nooks and steel though the hole I am fishing is totally full so Ive had a lot of foul hook ups too. I set the hook hard on anything that feels fishy. I couldnt believe it...hooked a 15 chrome nook in the mouth, and this bad boy had a buds spinner in its tail I got tangled in the treble hook and had to pull him in tail first...what a fight! 24 in leader terminal tackle swivel and a slider snap for a small piece of lead. current in the hole Im fishing is very slow so theres little drift if any, every fish Ive hooked this week (at least 30) have hit very gently. they gum it once and not again. Best way to put it...Im plunking....as boring as that sounds its working.

Dk Green #3 vibrax with the black tiger pattern has worked very well too, but not one of the guys using trebles have kept a fish on. #1 or #2 siwash is the only way to go...deeper hookset.

Ill email the scent thats working for me if I dont see you in my hole with it! JK
Come on down and drift the Nestuc with me this weekend..Ive got an open seat One day or the other....Will be fishing Hebo to PC for an op to keep a nook or two below cloverdale bridge. Ill share the scent on the boat.

C'MON RAIN!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks for the invite, but there is no way I can make it this weekend, all booked up with family stuff and work. I'll see what I can arrange for the next weekend. Hebo to PC? man that is one long drift without much flow. Are you in a DB or a boat with a motor? I'll be in touch. Currently going to check out a zipper lip creek that is reported to be loaded with chromer steeleys. A guy I work with has been going quite often, but I have to see for myself.
Mikeymoto

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mikey, I was elected weekend on-call myself. Will be working Netarts Hiway all day tomorrow (after I stop at a hole or two along the way) And roofing a friends house sunday.

Good luck. Next weekend looks good, motor on the boat...pick a drift.

P.S. Two more steels after work today :dance: , different color PB, different scent...same concept. I may post a pic of one fish (no mouse yet...editing and pasting is tough)...seals got his fins and left some nasty scars...great meat though.....

[ 08-09-2003, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Row Vs. Wade ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts