IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fished the Trask and the Wilson and even some combat fishing at Pacific City and I know that it is early for thoes rivers.

I am looking for the time when fish in numbers are in the Salmon as I think I remember someone telling me that it is earlier than the Pacific City or the Tillamook bay rivers.

I am trying to save a drive or two looking in vane for fish. Not looking for anyones favorite hole. I will find my own.

I am a bobber and egg fisherman and I can feel in the air that the time is near.

Thanks in advance;
Ken

·
Registered
771 Posts
I like to fish the salmon, I'm sure there are some fish in there now. If you use a trailer boat and use the county ramp you'll have to go at the middle of high tide. At low tide there is some water at the bottom of the ramp but then you have 50' of sand to cross befor you get into 6" of water. It can also be a zoo there too! Ive had my boat up to old 101 bridge and there are less people up there, also less holes. I too would like to know when the best time to fish it.

Good Fishin'

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
I believe about mid September is when it usually gets real hot.

I am attending a Salmon River meeting at the hatchery at 5:00PM this evening (Sunday) and will ask around and report back.

Dan

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DepoeBayDan. I would be interested in the results of the meeting tonight and what you found out about fishing time in the Salmon.

Thanks
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts