IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Julie from the Salmon River Keepers club is calling around to announce a Saturday, Nov. 15 clean up on the Salmon River. Folks should meet first at the Otis hatchery at 10:00 am. Let's keep up the fine effort that lots of people have put in this year (especially Terry and Wayne)to stop snagging, harrassment, and other violations and littering to help preserve this great sports fishery.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Count me in I've had alot of fun there this year and dont mind cleaning up one bit!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It was sure a different experience this year. :grin:
Didn't see 1 fight and didn't even see a gun. Man its almost like a civilized experience.
I hope it continues like this in the future. I may even bring the kids next year. MM

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
I hate to be negative, especially in light of the messages indicating that things are getting better, but I say let the snaggers wallow in their own filth. I spent a huge amount of time as a boy scout cleaning up other "people's" trash, and it was a thankless job. Still, when it is convienent for me, I pick up trash I find in the field. It might be a better effort to teach people that if they pack it in, PACK IT OUT! Also, if a dumpster were located at strategic locations, maybe folks would be more willing to haul their garbage to those locations, knowing they would not have to deal with it any further. Also, letting people know of their littering, along with unscroupulus fishing techniqes would be helpful too. It's a shame that the Salmon river has become a social disaster. But unfortunately that is human nature. I'm still amazed that the lower Salmon river fishery wasn't shut down. Sure, the hatchery fish there were meant to be caught by fishers, but it has caused a nightmare for property owners, legitemate fishers, and OSP as well. It's not my idea of a good experience. That's why you won't see me there.

Just my thoughts,
Snakebite

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
I just want to thank the people who are taking the time to do this, today.
:cheers:

Jen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts