IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about motoring up the Salmon River (near Lincoln City) this weekend in the driftboat and finding a nice spot to bobber fish a few hours. I've only fished the Salmon River for one season (last fall) and it was a bit further into the fall season around September. I did manage to land a nice coho last fall, but it was native and went back into the water. Anyone have anything to say on the fishy situation there now? Hardware advice?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I don't fish the Salmon, but I think its a little early for it to fish.

I think I would go to the river where the dog rides on the bow of the boat ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't fish the Salmon, but I think its a little early for it to fish.

I think I would go to the river where the dog rides on the bow of the boat ;)
wink wink nod nod, say no more.... you know i realized a couple years ago that part of the reason for my limited numbers of catches is that i do enjoy fishing where the crowds are less. crowds are smaller because the fish aren't really there.... i should learn....

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Way to early, in fact i heard that the fall run will be next to nothing and that everyone should cancel any plans to fish there. Yup gunna be a bad year, hours and hours of trying for nothing. Wasted gas, time, not to mention $. I think the big Nestucca would be a better choice oh yeah, lotsa water, no people, just a better time all around. Good luck!:meme:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way to early, in fact i heard that the fall run will be next to nothing and that everyone should cancel any plans to fish there. Yup gunna be a bad year, hours and hours of trying for nothing. Wasted gas, time, not to mention $. I think the big Nestucca would be a better choice oh yeah, lotsa water, no people, just a better time all around. Good luck!:meme:
:wink: Thanks Deanrt, I'll spread the sad news of the Salmon River's sorry situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts