IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the reason I have written a couple articles and posted on ifish that the worlds smallest harbor is perhaps the best place on the Oregon Coast for fishing a small boat (although Nancy's isn't all that small)!

Started out they were late and I was on time as usual. :grin: Now wait a minute Nancy, this is my story and my version!

OK, so I was late, what else is new!(Just barely).

Got out there in the big blue and it was nice, but not flat.

The fishing was good but the catchin' wasn't. My coyote went off first but didn't stick. We tried for awhile and after seeing no nets go up and listening to the charters whining it didn't look good and Nancy suggested we go out to deeper water where it might be warmer and give it a try. No mutiny there!

Wasn't long and mine and Bob's coyotes were attacking silvers like yellow jackets on a deer carcass and for the most part the silvers won. It was one of those days with a lot of "drive bys". Poor Nancy's hoochie was singin' the blues (the coho blues). I finally put one in the box.

Anyway I'm done, and waiting on these guys again 'cause see, I wanna go catch some rock cod! :grin:

Nancy's hoochie gets hot and she gets the "Big L" and now we are waiting for Bob who keeps catching these nates.

So I tell Bob; "come on Bob, you can study wild coho in the office on Monday, let's just catch some hatchery fish and go get some wild rock bass.

So he listens to me and catches this beautiful 13# chromer (of course) hen coho! What a dandy (pic below).

The ocean just kept getting nicer and nicer. Unbelievable because we were going to go fish my zipper lip snapper hole!

Nice coho Bob! (Notice that top secret spoon in the salmons mouth). :grin:

Oh yea, did I mention that Nancy's hoochie finally caught on fire? She had a streak where it enticed 3 or 4 to zero on the coyotes! But the old faithful coyotes had previously done a 10 to 1 job on the hoochies. The chartreuse coyotes put 4 hatchery coho in the boat.

Nancy was the lingslayer today shown here with her first one and Bob with a bass.

And she does it again! (How does she do it)?

Nancy with a Red Irish Lord. They are in the sculpin family along with cabezon but I recommended throwing it back because they really don't have that much meat on them and aren't all that common. Back he went (I don't think she was going to consider eating that thing anyway)!

Back at the ranch and a pic to show you how much fun we had! A lot of friends and family will be eating good and reaping the rewards of the day.
A very rewarding day out of the worlds smallest harbor. Depoe Bay, Oregon.

Finally tally:

6 silvers (Oncorhynchus kisutch), 6 lings (Ophiodon elgonatus), 28 blacks & 1 blue rockfish (sebastes something or rather) and one female kelp greenling (forget it).

Dano

Day 22 and if I can stall long enough, day 23!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
You guys pretty much covered it all. All you needed was a halibut or two! :grin: Nice job on the fish! :bowdown: :cheers:

·
Registered
873 Posts
You know Dan, you are gaining the reputation as Depoe Bay's "Fishing Machine".

Keep it up Dan. We always appreciate your stories and pictures. You the man.

Sore Back

:bowdown:

·
Registered
331 Posts
:shocked: Wow! That’s a fine mess of fish.
Good work on both the pictures and the entertaining narrative Dan.
Congratulations to all three of you. Looks like you all had a great day fishing and catching to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts