IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever get it?

Sturgeon Tom invited Fishing is Life, Gas Jockey and me onto his really nice Willie Sunday afternoon to try for some late afternoon/evening fish out of Chinook Landing.

We put four rods out for about 4 hours. Pretty slow.

One shad

One nate Steelhead

One nate salmon

One sore elbow this morning

Guess who caught them all?

:grin:

Well, Jimmy Wu didn't sleep, which was amazing. Sturgeon Tom didn't crash into anything, and Gas Jockey provided lots of his own sore arm stories about being out with Joe Salvy the day beofroe for "dinky" 25 pound salmon and monster oversize sturgeon.

All and all a pretty nice evening for me, anyway.

:grin:

Saw JustCasting at the ramp with a hog his girlfreind had yarded up too. So a few are being caught, and not all with the extra fin.

I guess it is worth the soreness in the morning...

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I have wrench elbow. Is it like that??

Nice fish.

Nice boat.

Nice day.

Mark and the tiller handle dog.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Both my elbows are bad at times. I think what really got me was one year I tried using hayhooks instead of humpin' em up by the strings. Helped the back but it put all that stress on my elbows. I finally realized how serious it was when I couldn't hold my rod and bounce bottom out of t-bay for Chinook. :depressed:

The hay had to go! :grin:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
All I've suffered the last few weeks is HONEY-DO elbow. Have I mentioned that I'm cranky about this and having not fished for three weeks now? Whilst you yahoos were out having a fun time on ST's fine new ride, (dang that's a NICE boat)I was stuck in Seattle for a wedding I didn't want to attend in the first place! So, don't be whining about some imagined case of "salmon elbow"....you get no sympathy from me Hogmeister! :grin: I'd have traded places with you...

(nice job on the fish by the way....and Tom didn't break any rods either? He's on a roll! :grin: )

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Originally posted by Hogmaster:
Sturgeon Tom didn't crash into anything,
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Gary, I thought I'd beat ST to the punch on this one... He's still got the bow roller intact on his boat, how about YOU?!! :grin: :grin: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hog, I understand there are still a few ears ringing over that one! :grin: I still enjoy that "as the impeller turns" story moment!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go Gary

You are on a hot streak dude so keep it in the water :grin:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Man, I don't know if I want to get in the boat with you next month Gary. It looks like you have all the mojo, and issues with sharing the bites. Nice work. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
GasJockey, you need to fish with Gary more often and you will learn....
"Tie the anchor to the side so we slide over a little" is one of his regulars. He gotcha, now he's in the slot.
Similar to his running the boat for steelhead while working diver and bait. He's right in the current and you get the shoreline backeddy that is six inches deep.
Old Gary knows how to work the boat into the right places... and catch fish.
He's had lots of practice.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Who are you kidding? I learned from a master!

Why is it that wherever I fish from is the "lucky" spot that I managed to get????

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
So Gary, are we finally learning the real meaning behind the name Hogmaster? Here all this time I thought it was something about the size of fish you caught, not the means by which you caught them! :grin: :grin:

[ 07-14-2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: skrimmy ]

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
When fishing with you Gary people don't have to worry about sore elbows. I think it is more like a sore leg with all the stories you have. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If your arms were not the size of small pipe cleaners you would have an easier time. :shocked: Did these fish hit the secret walleye spinners?
If so, you could thank me by playing captain again for the Zzzzmaster and the Yakuza Klan. :dance: I could then explain my Slapaho ancestry to you all day. We could put you on steroids but your lips would grow too fast. :laugh:

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
From where I come from, we call that salm-bow, and yes, I get it often.

I also get rain-bow, cut-bow, sturg-bow and my favorite of all, coho-bow.

I gotta love it, though.

Jen

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Here is a picture of Gary trying to pull a James and sleep. :grin:

James was awake the whole trip. No one would be saying he slept today.

If anyone wants to know how Hogmaster catches his
fish. This is it. He looks upriver. Grabs a beer and a smoke and tells a story. :grin:

It was a blast meeting Gas Jockey. We all had a fun time on the water together. Thanks for joining me guys.
st

[ 07-14-2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Jeez, with seats that nice in a boat, I'm surprised your weren't ALL asleep! Except for James of course, after Hogmasters PrepH prank last week, I doubt he'll be sleeping in Gary's presence anytime soon! :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
:cheers: You know what I liked about the pics, everyone had on their pfd. Good Job. Ken :cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts