IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an article in the latest copy of OR H&F News that the Salmon Bungee was very popular at B 10 this year
Anyone using them with success? Pro's or Con's
I bought a couple last Friday and fished them this weekend.. and they were.... OK at best
didn't notice a huge difference
the two rods that had them went 3-5
the othet two that didn't went 3-5

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Are they the same thing as Snubbers.

If they are I'm sold on them, gives them a little time to chew and enjoy the taste den wham fish on.

Bobby

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it Bobby!
Snubbers.. bungee?

So you like them?

Do you anchor fish with them?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I believe that last reply would qualify as a non-sponsor post...please delete as soon as possible. :wink: Thank you.

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Luhr Jensen Snubbers

&

Lookin to pick up a few myself - saw them at FMS. Few dollars to help catch some chrome can't hurt... are those famous last words? :tongue:

StinkyH

[ 09-30-2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: StinkyH ]

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
We used them down at B10 this year and had some good success with them! I agree with BNB, the fish gets to mouth the bait a little more, then.... WHAMMO!!!!! I'm sold on em'!

-jokester

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I found that on a hard incoming tide , holding against the current was where I noticed the benefit. Most of the bites you get are slashing drive by's. The snubbers along with lighter drag made an enormous difference. Other than that , no noticeable advantage.

John

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Wear your safty glasses. You get a fish up close to the boat and it comes un buttoned........

IN COMING !!!!

I know.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
TH,

Yes, I do like using them. I noticed an increase in sticking hooks. I haven't tried them on anchor but I have seen people use them that way, I'm going to try it on springers.

If you want to save some money try making them your self for the price of one packaged snubber you can make 6. I get the black surgical tubing from BI-mart. I like using that stuff cause it has more stretch and it's less noticeable. I use 80lb tuff line for the leader in the tube. LJ uses wire form to attach the rubber to the swivel, I use tuff line with granny knots (no problems yet)

Bobby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts