IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Saltwater
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down on the river with Wolfhunter and another friend, and attempted the elusive 'upriver springer'. but to no avail. We tried a couple spots above the wallace marine boat ramp for about 4 hours.

We only had one rod get a couple hard bites, but nothing came from it. We used prawn spinners, and big spin-n-glo's with prawn trailor. Still nothing. Perhaps the fish just aren't in much there yet. That's what we figure, but looking at the falls counts, there should be quite a few swimming through.

Oh! once we gave up on springers, we decided we weren't going to get skunked, so we took the calcutta 400's and the extra heavy rods up to a favorite spot and fished for smallies. Knowing we were WAY undersized for these massive smallis, we used our 25 lb P-Line anyway, knowing we could be spooled at any moment. However, wolfhunter was able to manage a nice 2 lber that didn't even strip any line.....GO FIGURE?! :grin: Maybe next time we should bring the tuna rods for these pigs!~

:laugh:
Time for a beer.
:cheers:

Sublime

[ 04-23-2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Sublime ]

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Adding last nights trip above the ferry... 179hrs on the upper river no steelhead no springer...# includes last year too :smile:

Once you find a spot and a method stick with it and my advice don't anchor bye me I'am obviously in the wrong spot lol

Good luck on the river

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.