IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen mesh bags at G.I. Joes, and I've used extra rope to tie up extra line, but what is the BEST way to handle the extra rode between the anchor & float, when anchored with something like the EZ Marine, 300' of rode, and a 50' tag line?

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I use a mesh bag with a crab float in it. Put all extra rope in the bag and throw a few half-hitches in the top and you are ready to throw it off when you hook that big fish!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The mesh bag is one of the best ways to go. If you can't get your hands on one, do like I do and use a bungee cord. Seems to work really well for me, and only takes a couple of seconds to wrap it around the rope.

Good luck
Scott

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
You can get a mesh bag at Walmart in the laundry dept. It is meant to be used for dirty clothes, but can be cut down and used to put the excess rope in. Plus it's under $5!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
19,628 Posts
This works for me. Home Depot has these extension cord reels,get the big one,about 5 bucks. Set your anchor and put all the extra rope on the spool,to secure it I use one of those clips rock climbers use,I think there called carbeaners.Clip the rope that's going to the anchor to the spool so it can't unroll when you throw it in the water. And last I made up a 6ft floating rope with a crab bouy on the end,which is tied with a loop in the end,and you just put it in the clip.

·
Registered
152 Posts
SAFEST WAY TO "TIE-OFF"--May be More important!!!,Last Sunday I had the boat next to me get his anchor rope stuck on the back of his boat while pulling up his rope.When he stopped to ck it out,the wind move him sideways and into the boat on the otherside of me.When he realized what was happening he kinda paniced!!!Headed up river full throttle and hooked my rope at a sideways ankle.My boat took off like I was pulling up a skier!!!Luckally I was standing at my V cleat ready to release the rope,only thing is it also caught my rist and took off alittle skin also!!! Point is BE READY TO RELEASE your rope at any given SECOND!!!!!! IF you don't have a "V" cleat,get one and always use it!!!!

[ 09-06-2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Nodakr ]

·
Registered
19,628 Posts
Nodakr, I'am with you,when in dought throw the bouy!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts