IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of steelhead in the S. Santiam traps yet, or has anyone fished up in the Sweet Home area? Just a little anxious to start the season off a little early. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I went for a drive up there today and saw several guys fishing from the bank at Waterloo. There were three boats fishing at the sewer hole, and two more up at the Dam. 5 or 6 bankies at the deadline. The water looked high.

Oh yeah...and one car OVER THE DAM !!! We heard that a car went off the road over the dam on the reservoir side. Don't have any info on if anyone was hurt...Several emergency crews were on the scene. I hope everyone is ok. I wonder what happened.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm a ways away but watch the water levels pretty close so I fish when the water is lower and the fish are a little more concentrated. Sweet Home area that is. 2500 cfs is a good starting point which is around June depending on the weather. Starts dropping fast around 2nd week in June and will get around 1700 cfs in early July. All of July is usually excellant as they have a very good hatchery program there and do alot of re-runs :wink: .

Chris

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The water is so dam high right now. I don't think it will be good until May. We got screwed with the last snowfall and heavy rain that followed. Dam, Dam, Dam.
Look for fish as soon as the water drops. I guess the driver lived and the passanger was missing. I hear they were 20 year olds drinking and driving. Sad, I hate to hear news like this anytime.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Wait until the water settles down to around 4.0 to 4.5 at Waterloo. It's raging too fast now. You can get them close in though in decent drop offs near the shore traveling lanes.

SKP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.