IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit the Nestucca this afternoon with my 5 year old son. we fished for several hours with no success, but then they decided to put on a bite. I missed 3 and landed 1 that I released, and my son missed 2 and landed this fish on purple First Cast Jig. :grin:

This is his first steelhead and he even casted the pole him self.

We had been working on casting and earlier today he casted when I was in front of him and the bobber hit me in the head and about knocked me out. :mad: Let me tell you, that cork bobber left the biggest lump I've had on my head in years. He got a good talking too about paying attention when he is casting and I think it put a damper on his day, that is until he caught this fish :cheers: .

-6horse

·
Registered
10,812 Posts
Sweet Pic! That's one you'll definitely want to frame! Congratulations to ya dad! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
That is a beautiful fish. Congrats!!! Do you know the weight or length?

The look on you sons face tell it all!

EK

[ 09-29-2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: El-Kabong ]

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Sure beats fishing the point, doesn't it!

Fantastic picture! That picture will still come out of the closet 80 years from now!

Great job, great fish, and great memory!

SKP

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, It was about 7-8 lb fish. He just started kindergarden so I printed out a picture for him to bring to school today.

He is very lucky to get to go fishing as much as he does, not many kids his age get too.

-6Horse

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Ryan,..Awesome Metalhead buddy!!
Way to go youngster.
What a smile too!! :grin:
That will make a great story for years to come, bobber bruise and all!
Congrats on the memory and a beautiful Steelhead! :grin: :dance:

[ 09-30-2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts