IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, anyone know if the “hall monitor” in the trailer at Donaldsons is still there? If so, does he actually have owners position to police the area?

I paid and drove on down and up, like I have for years and he rudely told me he was in charge and I had some blunt words in return and went back to fishing.

HOWEVER,in hindsight I’d rather there be no conflicts on the river or put that spot in play again for closure.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Actually, I found him to be quite communitive during fall Chinook season with some helpful advice. For to long people have been launching @ Donaldson without paying. Sooner than later it will get shutdown because of people thinking it's free trespassing to launch there because the landowner never made a big deal about it before. If it gets closed down, there will whinning on here like never before, and no one will admit they just didn't think they should have to pay to keep the road up leading to the only launch between Mills Bridge & Sollie Smith Bridge.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
What’s a few dollars to launch there. Word of advice . Don’t P—S of the local people down here. It usually doesn’t end so well. They are tired of the garbage and the riff raff and the ******** and the people with big mouths and smart Ass attitudes. I live here and we are losing more public access every day. Wonder why. And this isn’t Portland. Most all of the local people are good people. You get what you give. FWIW;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What’s a few dollars to launch there. Word of advice . Don’t P—S of the local people down here. It usually doesn’t end so well. They are tired of the garbage and the riff raff and the **** and the people with big mouths and smart Ass attitudes. I live here and we are losing more public access every day. Wonder why. And this isn’t Portland. Most all of the local people are good people. You get what you give. FWIW;)
Words of wisdom

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid, I’m a country boy, that wasn’t the issue. Is he still there?
Apparently there is other paid access down there as well!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I paid, I’m a country boy, that wasn’t the issue. Is he still there?
Apparently there is other paid access down there as well!
Simple advice. Go somewhere else :)(y)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Don't let the mean guy win, Jagosh. Keep going to your favorite spots, regardless of who's there. Kill em with kindness, and who knows, you might make a new friend.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
My son and I took out at Donaldsons in Nov., talked with the fellow there. No problems.
Didn't see the payment box that used to be up by the house.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The guy in the trailer probably didn't see you put your money in the box? Came out and saw you and assumed you did not?
In the fall he always came out and took money directly. He was always courteous to me.

Also:

Don't remember the box being up by the house. Its a steel white payment can on a post. Been there for at least 25yrs or longer?

·
Registered
747 Posts
this guy started parking the trailer there after a person was seen and caught taking the money from the box.
no more parking on the gravel either.
ok to drive down but must park by the trailer.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yeah he’s hardly a “hall monitor”. That kinda shows your attitude toward him. He’s there for a reason. Been trouble there and other things such as garbage dumping,property damage and good stuff like that. Seems like everyone else have had no Issues with the man. I never have. Just to be clear most of the sh-t happening there was local stuff. Not all,but most. I’m not afraid to put the blame where it belongs.Give the guy a break . We are losing more and more access every day. Remember Josie’s Hole. It’s exactly stuff like this that gets public access closed. To ALL of us. FWIW

Reactions: Whiskey Dick

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
So, I have no problem paying a fee for access, and if an owner wants to charge a fee, I support whole heartedly. I am fairly certain that Josi’s have expanded their farm and they now own the Donaldson farm. The farm on the east side of the road belongs to Leutholds who have owned and farmed it for many many years. Curious who owns the access. Donaldson road must be county owned, and the county had a crusher there in years past, and is this guy legitimate? Maybe Jerry Dove has some info.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah he’s hardly a “hall monitor”. That kinda shows your attitude toward him. He’s there for a reason. Been trouble there and other things such as garbage dumping,property damage and good stuff like that. Seems like everyone else have had no Issues with the man. I never have. Just to be clear most of the sh-t happening there was local stuff. Not all,but most. I’m not afraid to put the blame where it belongs.Give the guy a break . We are losing more and more access every day. Remember Josie’s Hole. It’s exactly stuff like this that gets public access closed. To ALL of us. FWIW
I just want to know WHO says I can’t park on the gravel, the owner?

Now since no one else had any issues with him then maybe it was me somehow and will start fresh next time I want to fish there. It’s any easy walk if need be as well.:)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Don't let the mean guy win, Jagosh. Keep going to your favorite spots, regardless of who's there. Kill em with kindness, and who knows, you might make a new friend.
Reading his op, it sure sounds like he already blew it. For only being at it a couple years, you know the steelhead thing, I'd sure want to make as many friends, get as much info as I can, get the access I can, because we all know where access is going these days, all without pi$$in too many people off.
Idk, maybe jagosh was just having a bad day.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
So, I have no problem paying a fee for access, and if an owner wants to charge a fee, I support whole heartedly. I am fairly certain that Josi’s have expanded their farm and they now own the Donaldson farm. The farm on the east side of the road belongs to Leutholds who have owned and farmed it for many many years. Curious who owns the access. Donaldson road must be county owned, and the county had a crusher there in years past, and is this guy legitimate? Maybe Jerry Dove has some info.
Tillamook County has a right a way. He can charge but can not block the road. He tried that in the 90s and the county pulled it out twice. Now that was when I was a county commissioner and that was 22 years ago, may have changed,??

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I just want to know WHO says I can’t park on the gravel, the owner?

Now since no one else had any issues with him then maybe it was me somehow and will start fresh next time I want to fish there. It’s any easy walk if need be as well.:)
Just ask the guy why you can’t park in the gravel. Tell him you are NEW to fishing there. Tell him you just want to do things the right way. I’m always asking questions. Doesn’t hurt a thing. That’s anywhere.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts