IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
It seems like every time the courts order the Corps to do anything they just ignore it for a decade and hope for a different judge. It’s astonishing how predictable the whole thing is. Hopefully this time is different and that these changes make a difference.

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Foot dragging has been the number one issue thus far.
This is from another article.

"On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez outlined the actions that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) must immediately take to protect threatened Upper Willamette River wild spring Chinook salmon and winter steelhead from extinction.

In a strongly worded draft order, Judge Hernandez made clear he “has no patience for further delay or obfuscation in this matter and expects nothing short of timely implementation of the injunctive measures and the experts’ proposal outlining the parameters for those measures.”

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Even with that scathing order, do you think the ACoE will act "immediately"? What would be the consequences for the ACoE, if they decide to ignore the ruling?

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Even with that scathing order, do you think the ACoE will act "immediately"? What would be the consequences for the ACoE, if they decide to ignore the ruling?
This ruling was due to a law suit, if the Corps continues to ignore the court orders, then high level directors will be jailed.
I remember Judge Redden threatening the head of BPA with jail., so it can happen.

Reactions: rowmanholiday

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Foot dragging has been the number one issue thus far.
This is from another article.

"On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez outlined the actions that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) must immediately take to protect threatened Upper Willamette River wild spring Chinook salmon and winter steelhead from extinction.

In a strongly worded draft order, Judge Hernandez made clear he “has no patience for further delay or obfuscation in this matter and expects nothing short of timely implementation of the injunctive measures and the experts’ proposal outlining the parameters for those measures.”
Key Wording is OBSFUCATION. Lets us all think of its origins.

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
The irony here is sport anglers demonize NFS, yet they got this done.
Maybe it's because they know how the game's played.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why do you always go off the deep end? LOL

I do think there are like minded people who each have agenda's.
Money is key and we all know it.
Unfortunately its a game that's played in spit of a natural resource.

I for one ( like many sports ) want our Salmonoids swimming.
Pull the hatchery's best we can and let the "natives" survive.

PS
I have a nick name for you now ....... Freespew
But sometimes your agenda is level headed 😉

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Sometimes?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Why do they not mention Hills Creek or Dorena in any of the "plans"? Seems to me there is a lot of spawning ground above both of those dames. All the dams need a good ladder system they should not have to rely on ODFW trucking them up.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Why do they not mention Hills Creek or Dorena in any of the "plans"? Seems to me there is a lot of spawning ground above both of those dames. All the dams need a good ladder system they should not have to rely on ODFW trucking them up.
You are making to much sense , they do not like that at O.D.F.W.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
All NFS has achieved in the past is reduction in sport fishing opportunity. They didn't "get it done". This silly lawsuit will be like all the others. The Corps will do what it wants to do.

I know, because I know the man in charge. NFS is nothing more than a nuisance. A thorn in their side.

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
75% of the historic spawning habitat is cut off by dams with no fish passage, to me that's a gigantic reduction in sport opportunity.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
In light of a forecasted drought I do think the order to open dams might be worth while to allow fish passage. That said, it isn't that easy. To act without THINKING about other and all consequences of water release could be just as detrimental. Litigation is a way to force an agenda but litigation is also at risk when making hasty decisions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts