IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about taking a trip over, but this will be ALL new to me. My wife and I may head over for Memorial Day, so any helpful input would be greatly appreciated!!

All I've heard is that it has some gigantic trout, or is this rumor?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was there a couple of weeks ago. I fished with a local who knows the lake well. We fished way doan by the dam. We got one fish about 18 inches in three hours. saw a guy and his wife who had landed eight fish up to 7 pounds. They were trolling a fly on a fast sink fly line.

Last week the guy I fish with landed one that was more than 12 lbs.

If the trout are slow try nearby Washburn Pond - lots of bass, crappie and bluegill.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think that the big trout came from a fish spill/escapement, I can't remember the details, that occurred several years ago.

Anyway, there are some nice ones. There are also some decent Walleye et al.

It is fishable from the bank in several places.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's no rumor. There are some very nice trout. My fishing partner and I went last fall for a few day's smallest trout was 5lbs largest 8 1/2 lbs. Lost one really nice one right at the boat, probably around 15lbs. Spit the hook. Trolling fly's. Bridgeport State Park is the closest camping, it's a first come first serve campground no reservations and it fills up fast. And on a holiday I can imagine it will fill up fast. There is another campground on Banks Lake but thats about 45 minutes to an hour away. Coulee Playland Resort, Electric City, Wa 99123-0457 509-633-2671 or check out http://couleeplayland.com/ hope this helps.

[ 05-19-2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: PELICAN II ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
You're wasting your time rola76. I would suggest that you stay on smaller water because of lack of experience.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nicechromer,

Has your dad bought any new tackle lately? I figured since he buys exclusively what I use, he may have made some recent purchases!!

Since you don't fish, I'll need to see if there's someone on IFish who I can rely on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts