IFish Fishing Forum banner

Rude fisherman ..

1K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  PittsburghD 
#1 ·
Wanted to tell you about a couple of rude fisherman I ran into the other day.

We were fishing Near Wauhna Mill, trying to hook up a chinooky or summer run steelie. Off loaded gear onto beach, ready to stick anchor in sand and get fish'n.

Nearest fisherman 200 - 300 yards up river.

Next thing we know we have a couple guys in our face cuss'n and threat'n me and my 8 year old son. They were p'd off about us fish'n down river from them.

Sure did put a cloud over the day.

we stayed fish'n and did ok. One keeper ..

[ 06-22-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: BluePig ]

#9 ·
I bet that they were related to the guy I ran into at the Rooster Rock boat ramp. You know some days you are just really lucky, I ran into the guy who actually own's that boat ramp and I'm sure that he probably ownes a river somewhere also. Good job standing your ground.

#15 ·
Why? Whats the point to acting like that? I cant say they are haters so I will agree with DJ and say they are dirtbags.

We were fishing out of the Skipanon launch this weekend and someone keyed XTC's car in the lot right there by Takle Time! :mad: He just got it from his mom in CA and it still had CA plates. I guess some moron thought someone driving an older model Jaguar with CA plates should have the hood and front end keyed all over.

To who ever did that did the thought ever cross your mind that the person driving that car is pumping money into your local economy supporting people????
:shrug:

#17 ·
Don't worry BluePig, world is full of them . Just look for a boat with an Ifish decal on the side. Them's the good guys.

Keep fishing and good luck
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

Couldn't have said it any better!

Most if not all ifisher's I have met are pretty class folks.

A classic example is some of the folks you experience driving down the road. :hoboy:

A majority of the folks I meet fishing are pretty cool, but I run into some jerks also.

I find the best way is to be nice to them anyway or possibly ignore them and hopefully they will get a clue.

Dan

[ 06-24-2003, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

#18 ·
You cant make everyone happy,,,, and some ppl do think they own the river. I just smile and remember that they are going home to their singlewide mobile home and a steaming bowl of ramen noodles.
pig,,, where do you work at??? We do the same thing,,,,

[ 06-24-2003, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: k9jeff ]

#19 ·
I was given an arm patch from my local police department for some volunteer work I have done for them. I put it on the left arm of a dark blue pullover windbreaker and put an American flag on the right sleeve. I just where that coat and it’s strange how friendly people get. When asked if I’m a cop I tell them NO I’m not I’m a civilian volunteer.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Stryker:
I When asked if I’m a cop I tell them NO I’m not I’m a civilian volunteer.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">You must be one of the :bowdown: Citizen's Auxilliary Police that I heard about on KUGN's Phil Hendrie show! :wink: :laugh:

[ 06-24-2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: GutshotApe ]

#22 ·
I find the best way is to be nice to them anyway or possibly ignore them and hopefully they will get a clue.

Dan [/QB][/QUOTE]

This is the best advice. Anything else is lowering yourself to their level.

[ 06-24-2003, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Adofish ]

#24 ·
Next time pick up the cell phone and call 911!!!

Chapter 166 — Offenses Against Public Order; Firearms and Other Weapons; Racketeering
2001 EDITION
TREASON, RIOT, DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

166.065 Harassment. (1) A person commits the crime of harassment if the person intentionally:
(a) Harasses or annoys another person by:
(A) Subjecting such other person to offensive physical contact; or
(B) Publicly insulting such other person by abusive words or gestures in a manner intended and likely to provoke a violent response;
(3) Harassment is a Class B misdemeanor.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3) of this section, harassment is a Class A misdemeanor if a person violates subsection (1)

166.165 Intimidation in the first degree. (1) Two or more persons acting together commit the crime of intimidation in the first degree, if the persons:
(a)(A) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly cause physical injury to another person because of the actors’ perception of that person’s race, color, religion, national origin or sexual orientation; or
(B) With criminal negligence cause physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon because of the actors’ perception of that person’s race, color, religion, national origin or sexual orientation;
(b) Intentionally, because of the actors’ perception of another person’s race, color, religion, national origin or sexual orientation, place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury; or
(c) Commit such acts as would constitute the crime of intimidation in the second degree, if undertaken by one person acting alone.
(2) Intimidation in the first degree is a Class C felony.
AUTHORITY TO REGULATE FIREARMS

If the officer check the person or his boat and a firearm is present... That changes everything!!

[ 06-24-2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Stryker ]

#26 ·
I had a guy on Sat. fishing off the dock at Sunnyside Park near the boatramp (it's posted no fishing). I went up to him to see how fishing was and to warn him about not fishing there (I was working so had my uniform on). When I told him that he wasn't allowed to fish off that dock, but that he could move around the corner and fish he said they (him and his 4-5 year old girl) would just go home. I told him that Linn County Sheriff might give him a citation if he stayed there to fish, but then they might just warn him too. He said that's ok "they would give me a ticket for an open container anyways." Then he said, "we'll just go home. You guys have too many rules." I told him that the Army Corps of Engineers makes the rules on Foster not ODFW and that it had nothing to do with us (after all I was just being nice to warn him). He got up and they started walking up the boat dock. I was behind him and he turns to his little girl and says, "we'll just go home and sit in front of the TV where we aren't breaking any laws. It's seems like everytime you walk out of the house you're breaking a law." I thought to myself, what a way to teach your children. I cut across the boat ramp where there was a boat launching and he turned to me and said "yet you let all that gas and diesel into the lake." Then as I turned to walk down one of the paths to another dock, he yells at the top of his lungs, "We're never coming back here, ever!!" I didn't answer him, but just kept walking thinking what an idiot especially in front of his little girl. If he does come back, I will not hesitate to call Linn County Sheriff. I was nice enough to warn him and he had no right to act that way. I wasn't giving him a citation, but wish I could have. I guess there are just some people like that in the world. Last weekend, I also had two different sets of anglers on two different days come in with too many trout. They got citations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.