IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to tell you about a couple of rude fisherman I ran into the other day.

We were fishing Near Wauhna Mill, trying to hook up a chinooky or summer run steelie. Off loaded gear onto beach, ready to stick anchor in sand and get fish'n.

Nearest fisherman 200 - 300 yards up river.

Next thing we know we have a couple guys in our face cuss'n and threat'n me and my 8 year old son. They were p'd off about us fish'n down river from them.

Sure did put a cloud over the day.

we stayed fish'n and did ok. One keeper ..

[ 06-22-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: BluePig ]

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they came from up river ...

I had my digital camera .. I should have taken pics of there boats and posted them ..lol.

Not fun telling your son why some ppl are just plain mean ...

[ 06-22-2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: BluePig ]

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Unbeliavable..........that kinda' behaviour is just sick. Glad you stuck one to make it somewhat worth while.....how big?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Wow, they came over 100 yards down to where you were at to cause a problem, what a bunch of jerks. :mad:

I'm sorry your kid had to witness dirtbags like that.

Krue

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I bet that they were related to the guy I ran into at the Rooster Rock boat ramp. You know some days you are just really lucky, I ran into the guy who actually own's that boat ramp and I'm sure that he probably ownes a river somewhere also. Good job standing your ground.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Some people are a waste of good Oxygen :hoboy:

[ 06-22-2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Don't worry BluePig, world is full of them :hoboy: . Just look for a boat with an Ifish decal on the side. Them's the good guys. :cool:

Keep fishing and good luck

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Why? Whats the point to acting like that? I cant say they are haters so I will agree with DJ and say they are dirtbags.

We were fishing out of the Skipanon launch this weekend and someone keyed XTC's car in the lot right there by Takle Time! :mad: He just got it from his mom in CA and it still had CA plates. I guess some moron thought someone driving an older model Jaguar with CA plates should have the hood and front end keyed all over.

To who ever did that did the thought ever cross your mind that the person driving that car is pumping money into your local economy supporting people????
:shrug:

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Wonder if it was the not so friendly folks that yelled at me last weekend? Some folks must actually OWN the river.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Don't worry BluePig, world is full of them . Just look for a boat with an Ifish decal on the side. Them's the good guys.

Keep fishing and good luck
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

Couldn't have said it any better!

Most if not all ifisher's I have met are pretty class folks.

A classic example is some of the folks you experience driving down the road. :hoboy:

A majority of the folks I meet fishing are pretty cool, but I run into some jerks also.

I find the best way is to be nice to them anyway or possibly ignore them and hopefully they will get a clue.

Dan

[ 06-24-2003, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
You cant make everyone happy,,,, and some ppl do think they own the river. I just smile and remember that they are going home to their singlewide mobile home and a steaming bowl of ramen noodles.
pig,,, where do you work at??? We do the same thing,,,,

[ 06-24-2003, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: k9jeff ]

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was given an arm patch from my local police department for some volunteer work I have done for them. I put it on the left arm of a dark blue pullover windbreaker and put an American flag on the right sleeve. I just where that coat and it’s strange how friendly people get. When asked if I’m a cop I tell them NO I’m not I’m a civilian volunteer.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts