IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you launch from Rooster Rock, if so , how much does it cost...can I have some pointers on a direction to go from there, as I am, not familiar with that area. many thnx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Rooster rock water is very low right now and launching from there is not really a option. but when the water is up it a state park you need either a forest pass or $3 to launch depending on what your fishing for you can west to corbett area or east along cape horn or up to multnomah falls area. other options for this section of river are chinook landing (12 min boat ride west) cost there is $4 a day and of course the fishery which i believe is about 12 miles past rooster rock they charge $7 to launch. I am going out in the morning sturgeon fishing I will be launching outta the fishery. I was out bank fishing this morning at the dam for sturgeon the bites where on in the morning but by noon it was REALLY quiet. so i stopped in and looked at rooster rock ( i have a forest pass so it free to launch there for me) but it just to low where the channel comes into the columbia for my blood
good luck

·
Registered
395 Posts
I launched at Rooster Rock 2 weeks ago. Depth finder was under 2' when I slid across the high spot at the mouth. I've got a 17' TJ. It is possible, but you need to make that call. We caught a lot of shakers. Might try it again this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts